compatibility?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

compatibility?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
compatibility?
compatibility?
2019-07-28 14:39:54

I bought a pair of AV2000 for the purpose of having our bedroom roku box plugged directly into "ethernet" (via the powerline box). It worked great so I wanted 2 more. The AV2000 both are identical (either can be used as transmitter or receiver) but on Amazon I saw that the AV1300 was the "newer version" so I bought it instead. It lets you do both ethernet AND wifi so I thought that would be good. the only issue is, there is one transmitter, one receiver, so I'd have to replace the one AV2000 I'm using as transmitter and use the transmitter that comes with the AV1300. My question is, will these all be compatible? (I know I could find out easy enough by trying but I'm hoping someone has done this already to save me a minute). Otherwise I'm going to send the AV1300 back and get another set of AV2000's. I really don't "need" wifi extension anyway, I just want to plug all our ROKU's into ethernet. 

Thanks for any thoughts. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:compatibility?
2019-07-30 00:04:36

@hotwired 

You will only need one powerline adapter wired to your router. The rest can be placed around your residence so with the new kit you have, both adapters can be used as if they were the "second" adapter, one for wired only connection, the other for a Wi-Fi access point.

Options
2019-07-30 08:38:15

Tony, 

To be clear, the AV1300's only have ONE ethernet port and DO have antennae, presumably to plugin the router, then broadcast the signa.. The companion had NO antennae and 3 ethernet ports, presumably because it's intended to be the receiver and you can plugin up to 3 devices. I'm assuming there are no antennae because it's intended to broadcast only a short way, where it's an extender. So right NOW I have the AV2000. BOTH of thes look exactly the same, and yes, these are intended as "one receiver one transimitter and it doesn'w matter which is which"

So MY plan is to REMOVE the AV2000 as transmitter (because one of the AV1500s CANNOT be used as receiver, that is the one with antennae and only one ehternet port). Then I'll use that "antennae'd AV1500 as transmitter, then the other AV1500 and both AV2000's as receives. Does this make sense?

Options
2019-07-30 16:02:30

@hotwired 

With the powerline devices there is no "transmitter". All you need is just one powerline adapter wired to the router, which ever you choose is entirely up to you as any will work. Typically the one chosen is the one that is only wired (no Wi-Fi) for obvious reasons. 

What you mentioned will work fine.

Options
Re:Re:compatibility?
2019-07-30 16:14:57

Fantastic. As it turns out I returned the AV 1200 and am going to buy another set of the av2000s anyway. Thanks so much for all your advice.

Options
2019-07-30 16:22:23

@hotwired 

You are very welcome.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1244

Replies: 5

Related Articles