Network expansion not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-31 21:04:43
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Have set up my TL-WPA 7510 kit with one extender and all is well..  All lights green.  I purchased an additional extender (AV600 Powerline WIFI extender) and attempted to pair it with the existing extender.  When I do this the Powerline led turns red on the existing extender and the adapter.  If I remove the new extender from the socket everything goes back to normal.  Can't figure out what I am doing wrong

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network expansion not working
2019-08-01 16:31:41

@Richbat 

It is not that you are doing anything wrong. In fact, the powerline devices are pairing successfully or else no light would show up.

What is happening is that the speed is lowering with the introduction of the slower powerline device. You could try a different outlet, but if it continues to be red, it just means the speed is slow. Getting a powerline with AV1000 or higher should then give you the green LEDs that you are use to seeing (without the AV600 plugged in).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 836

Replies: 1

Related Articles