Difference between A20 and C4000 wireless routers ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Difference between A20 and C4000 wireless routers ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Difference between A20 and C4000 wireless routers ?
2020-10-30 10:58:02

@mat_919 

I went back and looked at our Amazon order for the A20 (ordered Sept. 10, 2019) and the description is clearly different:

No mention of Homecare length, but it was 3 years when I bought it.

I'd post the link, but it was from our account, and I'm not sure if you could see it or it would get you into our account, hence the screen capture above.

Options
2020-11-06 00:57:10

@IrvSp I guess we'll see in three years :)

Options
2020-11-06 13:45:05

https://www.tp-link.com/us/homeshield/@mat_919 

Only 2 years for me smiley

Actually, I am NOT a fan of the Home Care implementation.

For a few reasons:

• I actually don't know what it is doing? I can see the 'log' of what it has done, and can't relate that back to and 'failures' on any device. Usually I see 'something' was blocked on 'device'. However nothing on any device seems to know something happened?
  • As far as I can tell, NO block has been complete, that is a specific web site was blocked or a program report it can't access something?
  • Functions are either ON of OFF.
  • You have no customization capabilities. That is no WHITE or BLACK lists.
  • No indication that Home Care did anything, that is no real time notification to someone, no way to provide that path (even email to someone).

The single good part:

• All LAN devices are 'protected', even if the level of true protection is unkown.

That said, I've NOT removed Norton 360 from my PC's or McAfee from our phones. I can put Norton on some of our other devices but have not, no worries about those being used for banking or purchases usually.

It seems TP-Link has a new player in the arena as well, Home Shield (https://www.tp-link.com/us/homeshield/), it might be more robust and configurable?

Options