Adding additional wifi powerline unit to existing network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-20 18:52:52
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently bought and installed a TL-WPA 7510 Kit for my home. The installation and pairing was fairly straightforward, and my network's performance has greatly improved.  My smartphone immediately recognized the new dual bands; I entered the password provided on the wifi unit's label, and both bands worked perfectly.

The wifi signal was weak on the second floor (old, solid construction with metal lathing inside plaster walls), so I bought another kit. When the new wifi unit went live, I again found it on my smartphone, entered the password from the label, and everything appeared fine. I then noticed that the ID from the first wifi unit had disappeared, as had both bands. Only the ID for the second wifi unit remained.

Did the installation of the second unit "erase" the identity of the first one? Is this something  about which I need to be concerned? Other than this mysterious disappearance, both wifi units appear to be working well, and the network is operating faster than ever.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Adding additional wifi powerline unit to existing network
2019-08-21 18:28:15

@GeneG 

If you kept the default wireless network name for both TL-WPA7510s then both networks should still be showing.

Download the tpPLC app on your smart phone, and connect to your powerline Wi-Fi. Through the app you will be able to see all your adatpers and look at the configurations for the wirless adapters. I would check to see if the network SSID was disabled in the wireless settings.

Options
Re:Re:Adding additional wifi powerline unit to existing network
2019-08-24 02:51:13
Hi, Tony. Thanks for the response, and my apologies for the belated acknowledgement. I kept all the units on the default wireless network name, and paired them at the same time using the same outlets. Despite this, there was apparently something that one of the 7510 units didn't like when it was plugged back in at its new location. While there is one circuit breaker box into which the entire house is wired, I think there is something with the circuitry that the second floor 7510 unit just didn't like and it kicked off the one on the first floor. I ended up re-pairing all the units while they were in their respective "correct" locations. My headache was the fact that the 7010 which is connected to the router is in the basement, so I had to move fairly quickly to go from there to the first floor, and then later to the second. Once I finished, all of the units finally appeared on the app, and they are all now working fine. Again, my thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1692

Replies: 2