IGMP Snooping in AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IGMP Snooping in AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IGMP Snooping in AP Mode
IGMP Snooping in AP Mode
2019-08-22 02:28:18 - last edited 2021-12-10 01:15:41
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8 build 20190403 Rel.43515

Hello,

I just recently purchcased a TP-Link Deco M9 Plus 3 pack that I plan to use in AP. I currently have a service provider that uses multicast IPTV service, and to prevent multicast storms I've needed to ensure all my network hardware has IGMP Snooping enabled. So simple question, is IGMP snooping enabled for the Deco M9 when in AP mode? Is there any advanced views to see some more details about the system setup and configuration other than just the phone app?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IGMP Snooping in AP Mode-Solution
2021-12-09 17:56:50 - last edited 2021-12-10 01:15:41

@nustherapy Just to finish out the thread with some more information: you can access the IGMP feature through the web interface (not the app) under System - System Parameters - IGMP Feature - Enable IGMP.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:IGMP Snooping in AP Mode
2019-08-23 17:14:30

@nustherapy 

The M9 will support IGMP Snooping while in AP mode.

Options
Re:Re:IGMP Snooping in AP Mode
2019-08-23 19:26:18

Is there any documentation to support this statement that you know of? I have been able to find anything. I have seen that it is supported while in Router mode, but documentation explictily states that in AP mode a number of 'advanced features' are turned off.

Options
2019-08-23 22:43:09

@nustherapy 

No, the info was received from one of the engineers from HQ.

If you believe you are seeing otherwise please provide us with any information in which we can look into for you.

Options
2020-04-01 15:33:40

@nustherapy 

Hello,

I just recently purchcased a TP-Link Deco M9 Plus V3, 3 pack to, and I plan to use it in router mode.

My TV decoder images stutter and I cannot watch any recorded programs, nor I can use a service to go back to the beginning etc.

In addition, both the wired internet and WiFi falter when I watch TV via the (wired) decoder, that is connected to a switch on the second port of the main Deco

With my previous (LinkSys) router I did not have these problems (in identical hardware equipment setting), but unfortunately the WiFi signal was too limited, therefore it was replaced by the Deco M9 Plus V3. However, now I have very different problems, that cannot be the intention !?

Surely there will be more people with the same kind of decoders and switches that can make use of properly functioning TV decoders and possible functionalities of those decoders and provider options !?

I understood that IGMP snooping must be enabled for the Deco M9?

How can I set the correct settings in the settings menu?

Can you please guide me through this, I am not experienced in this stuff at all.

In this era of corona, we miss our TV altogether because the children cannot watch it occasionally

HELP!!!

Thank you very much in advance for your help, and stay healthy there!

Options
2020-04-01 17:51:23

@C-Blast 

Please create a new thread of your issue.

Options
Re:IGMP Snooping in AP Mode-Solution
2021-12-09 17:56:50 - last edited 2021-12-10 01:15:41

@nustherapy Just to finish out the thread with some more information: you can access the IGMP feature through the web interface (not the app) under System - System Parameters - IGMP Feature - Enable IGMP.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6745

Replies: 6

Related Articles