samsung s8 and now s10 occasional no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-22 19:51:45
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My brand new samsung s10 keeps getting "no internet available". Shutting wifi on and off resolves the issue but that is not what I expect from two brand new items (deco and s10).

Both 5g and 2g are on.

Latest firmware.

Deco m9 plus + deco m5

Any suggestions?

Options
19 Reply
Re:samsung s8 and now s10 occasional no internet
2019-08-23 17:30:32

@rookie7799 

Make sure the M9 is what is connected to the modem. 

When you get no internet available, what is the color of the LED lights on both Deco units?

Are every single device connected to the Decos getting no internet?

Options
Re:Re:samsung s8 and now s10 occasional no internet
2019-08-23 19:04:36
M9 is directly connected to the modem. The color on both Decos are green/lime. Nope, just my phone. I also move around the house while the other gadgets are more "static" staying in place.
Options
Re:Re:Re:samsung s8 and now s10 occasional no internet
2019-08-28 21:53:34

@rookie7799 

Are you using Fast Roam on your Deco M9?  If you are please disable this feature and let us know if that resolves the issue.

Thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:samsung s8 and now s10 occasional no internet
2019-08-28 22:09:58

Thanks. I'll try disabling it and will let you know how it goes.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:samsung s8 and now s10 occasional no internet
2019-09-09 00:12:30

After a few days of testing I'm still having the same issue. 

I don't understand, this mesh technology was supposed to be a seemless connection switching and now I'm back to what I had before - connection drop and reconnect. At least before it was done automatically and now my phone simply says no internet connectivity and stays that one until i disable\enable the wifi.

Options
2019-09-09 18:32:31

@rookie7799 

You can try the following and test to see if it helps:

1. Enable the fast roaming on your Deco network, and enable the guest network. Connect only your phone to the guest network and see how that performs.

2. Users of the same phone on other mesh network mentioned clearing the phones cache info has helped as possibly old network profiles were saved causing issues. I would recommend contacting the phone manufacturer for a propery way to do that or if that is advising to do.

Options
Re:Re:samsung s8 and now s10 occasional no internet
2019-09-09 18:36:09

Tony wrote

@rookie7799 

You can try the following and test to see if it helps:

1. Enable the fast roaming on your Deco network, and enable the guest network. Connect only your phone to the guest network and see how that performs.

2. Users of the same phone on other mesh network mentioned clearing the phones cache info has helped as possibly old network profiles were saved causing issues. I would recommend contacting the phone manufacturer for a propery way to do that or if that is advising to do.

Will try and reply with the findings, thnx

Options
2019-09-26 13:06:28

@Tony 

What you suggested did not work, however, I disabled 5Ghz on the main network and did not have any issues since.

What's the issue here?

Options
2019-09-26 17:28:24

@rookie7799 

Swap the bands to see if your phone is related specifically to the 5GHz. So have the 2.4Ghz disabled and only the 5GHz present and try and replicate the issue.

To clarify, both the S8 and the S10 were getting no internet, and now no longer have that problem with 5GHz being off? Or just the S10?

What is the software versions of both phones?

Additionally, log into your Deco with a web browser, the default IP is 192.168.68.1, use your TP-Link ID password. Go to "System" up top, and "Firmware Upgrade" left side. What firmware builds are you running for each Deco model? 

Options
2019-09-27 00:20:18

@Tony 

If I switch to 5Ghz only, more than half of my devices will not work (chromecasts, cameras etc).

All of my phones are having issues (Android 9)

Not sure what web page you are talking about but I've neen told that the only way to access deco admin is via tplink app...

Here are the version numbers for my decos.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2955

Replies: 19