TP Link 450 "Connects With Problems"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-31 21:53:10
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

After installing the Amazon Fire TV stick, I experienced a buffering issue. So some months later, I installed the RE-450. It did a good job of eliminating the buffering issue, but recently I have been getting the WIFI signal dropped with an error message that says something to the effect "Lost signal," and directs me to check my WiFi settings. When I check the WiFi settings, is says signal is Good or Very Good, but also says "Connected with errors."

I checked with my router tech support who confirmed my router (Ubee  Mod DDW366 with 2.4 & 5 GHz) is good - no problems here.

I checked with Amazon tech support who suggested that the problem probably is the RE-450. Their solution is to un-register and re-register the Fire Stick to clear the bad data elements that are floating around between the Fire Stick and Extender/Router - Or remove the extender. Re-registering seems to work for awhile, but the Lost Signal reoccurs too often (as little as 2 hours) for it to be a solution.

Since I have good success with the extender handling the buffering issue, I really don't want the answer to be not to use it. So anybody familar with this "Connected with errors" issue, and what to do about it?

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link 450 "Connects With Problems"
2019-09-03 21:52:42

@ALN 

Most likley the issue is not the extender but the connection itself.  If it was working fine for month and then started having issues you are likely experiancing interference.  Ideally try a WiFi anylazer and see whcih wireless channel, both 2.4 ad 5ghz is the least used or conjested and then switch your Ubee router to those channels.  You can also look to see if your router and the range extender are both fully up to date on their firmware.  Ocassionally bug and performance issues will be resolved with a FW update if issues were found through testing. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1694

Replies: 1

Related Articles