Deco seems to be blocking some sites including one very specific IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco seems to be blocking some sites including one very specific IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Re:Deco seems to be blocking some sites including one very specific IP?
2019-11-12 14:23:07

@Tony 

did your issue get resolved?

I am having similar problem.

specifically with getting to PiVPN .io 

no computer connected to my M5 mesh network can get to that website.  When I connect directly from my router/modem it is works...

I have tried everything but a complete factory reset..

Options
2019-11-12 16:34:25

@mdflows 

My issue is not resolved. Still unable to connect to many websites. 

Options
2019-11-12 18:23:17

@rholdy 

I requested support to follow up with you again.

Options
2019-11-14 17:10:10

@mdflows 

I just tried connecting to that site on my network. It won't connect through WiFi, but I can connect to it when direct to modem. Sounds like you've got the same probelm I do. 

Options
2019-11-21 00:48:47

@rholdy 

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue on my phone and tablet.  I can get to sites on my laptop though.  If I use my cellular network on my phone I can also get to the sites.  It only started happening recently.  Thought it might be something with their security software.

Options
2020-01-21 06:29:56

I am having similar issues with my Deco M5 set up in Router mode blocking access to some websites, particularly where payments are required.. E.g. teacherspayteachers.com

I have updated the firmware to the latest available today (21 January 2020) and made no difference.

In AP mode it works fine just like going straight through the modem or via cellular data.

Please fix this issue TP-Link!

Options
2020-03-13 13:29:57

Hi everyone, 

I was suffering from the same symptom but just for one specific website: Twitter. All images and videos simply would not load regardless the device I used and as long as I was connected to my Deco's network (hybrid network with some M5 and P7).

Although it is not a real soultion to the problem I found a working workaround. Simply hop on your deco mobile app and go to More > Antivirus > Malicious Content Filter and untoggle this option. It worked like a charm.

TP Link, look into this please.

Best,

Alex

Options
2020-09-02 20:30:20

@Tony 

I am having a very similar issue where certain sites are inaccessible using the Deco Network.  Specifically, I cannot download software updates from Apple Servers. And I cannot connect to evetpractice.com which is our practice management software.  I am using the Deco X20 with 2 units connected via ethernet for the backhaul.  Firmware is 1.2.5 Build 20200709 Re. 49821

Options
2020-09-18 22:33:40

@festas33 

I have the same issue. It is mainly happen on Twitter but it is not the only one.

Did you succee to solve it? 

Options
2020-09-28 14:54:27

@rholdy I have the same problem. It seems to affect images only for me. Just some of the places where it fails include Linked-In, YahooMail, Brazen, etc. I tried multiple client devices against all three of the decos in my Mesh and they all fail - whether connected to Deco via wired Ethernet or WiFi. Connecting directly to my ISP modem works just fine. My deco firmware was updated recently, but I've been experiencing this problem for at least a month. I'm using AP mode.  Rev. 1.4.7.

ex.

Options
Related Articles