Archer C9 Slow Desktop Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 Slow Desktop Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Slow Desktop Speeds
2019-11-19 18:21:18 - last edited 2019-11-19 18:47:57

@Carl 

Hi Carl I seem to be having the exact same issue as American1776.

This is my hardware info:

Hardware: ArcherC9 v1

Firmware:3.17.1 Build 20180125 Rel.56387n

I can't seem to get any throughput beyond 20mbps on any wifi device. Wired still appears to be working, but I don't have any wired devices and my entire wifi setup at home is painfully slow.

Is there anything else I can do?

Options
2019-11-19 19:35:09

@BetarReuction 

Yes like I mentioned to the other user try disabling NAT boost on the router.  You can also try changing the channels and bandwidth each band uses.  Lastly  remove all devices from the network and and 1 at time.  test the speeds to ensure there isn't any device that may be "hogging" the bandwith 

Options
2019-11-19 19:49:22

@Carl

Thanks for your help. Before my initial post I attempted what you suggested previously, so I have already disabled NAT boost and changed the bandwidth control settings and I had no result. I just cycled through all possible channels and the result is the same. I'm still not getting more than 20mbps throughput on any wifi device on any channel or band (2.4 ghz and 5 ghz). Could this be an end of life issue as well like American1776?

Thanks again.

Options
2019-11-19 21:10:26

@BetarReuction 

Try this.  Turn on Traffic Statisitcs.  Its located under Advanced - System Tools- System Parameters.  Please monitor the traffic for about 24 hours.  Sometimes low bandwidth can be caused by overusing of resources.  This will let us know if there is a device on the network that is causing it.  

Options
2019-11-19 22:30:45 - last edited 2019-11-19 22:31:47

@Carl 

Ok I'll monitor the traffic but I can already tell you that I only really have one device that utilizes most of the network capacity at any given moment. I don't think this is due to a network utilization issue because the throughput problem has just started to manifest in the past few days and everything was fine before that. I haven't changed my network usage patterns since then. If this turns out to be a non-issue what else can I do?

Thanks!

Options
2019-11-19 23:31:00

@BetarReuction 

I understand but if the issue just starting happen its worth looking at changes in the network, enviroment or devices to see if something is pulling a drastic ammount of data and affecting bandwidth as a whole.  I'd hate to say the unit is defective and find out it was network related and fixable.  

Options
2019-11-20 22:01:51

@Carl 

You're absolutely right, it's never good to jump to conclusions. That being said, it's been roughly a day since I began monitoring network usage. It looks like what I expected to see. There don't appear to be any devices using more bandwidth than usual. Is there anything else I should look into?

Thanks!

Options
2019-11-20 23:13:59

@BetarReuction 

No at this point if you have done all this testing we aren't able to determine the cause of the issue, I would recommend replacement.  if you are still with in the warranty period please let me know and I will help you process a replacement request.  If not I would point out that We have various WiFi 6 routers that would be an excellent upgrade and Black Friday is just next week so it might be a prefect time to upgrade. 

Options
Related Articles