Lost printer server after Firmware update on Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lost printer server after Firmware update on Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Lost printer server after Firmware update on Archer A7
2020-08-01 22:17:47
The earliest version I see available for download here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-a7/#Firmware Archer A7(US)_V5_190810 is the version that broke the printing ability. Any thoughts on where to get the older firmware?
Options
2020-08-12 06:30:53

@Mark_Barsamian Could you confirm your FW version? As I tried the same and it did'nt work. The utility dows not even show my printer.

Options
2020-08-12 15:00:44

@Him0045 Sorry for not following up on my earlier post about the print server utility. I was initially delighted that the Archer A7 came with a print server utility, even though that was not advertised. Once I installed it, I found that it seemed to be a legacy program, and was very quirky. It initially worked pretty well on my desktop Win 10 computer, but I don't think I ever got it to work on my Win 10 Surface Book 2 laptop. That was the machine that I was most interested in configuring for printing to a networked printer. When it started giving me trouble even on my desktop computer, I just gave up and went back to my old configuration of having the printer plugged into the desktop tower. And I uninstalled the print server utility, because it seemed to be causing some other non-printing-related problems on the machines where I had it installed. My hardware version is Archer A7 v5.0. My firmware version is 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

Options