Smart Actions unavailable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-10 22:12:59

SR20 Router

Motion Detector MS100

HS100

HS105

From the Kasa app, the smart actions tab shows "We're in the process of deploying Smart Actions across the Kasa ecosystem.  Stay tuned for more updates".   See attached photo.

Its been like this for several weeks now.

I am unable to set up a new motion activation for the smart plugs.  Several months ago, I was able to set it up without a problem.  

The motion detector is working, and notifications show up on the app... "detected motion"   and "detected motion stopped"  etc. 

How can I set up new smart actions?

File:
Screenshot_20191010-144916.pngDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart Actions unavailable.
2019-10-10 22:21:30

@Johnhy 

Hi Johnny,  We recently updates Smart Actions to be a cloud feature rather than a hardware feature exclusive to the SR20.  Though your SR20 smart actions should still work.  We would need to check with our engieering team as to why this is.  Give us some time to find out and we will reply with an answer. 

Options
2019-10-10 22:24:48

@Carl Thank you

Options
2019-10-11 15:56:21

@Johnhy 

Hi Johnhy

So i got a response and it looks like due to the inclusion of smart actions for the cloud, the SR20's smart actions were moved.  see the path below to find this feature. 

The Smart Actions of SR20 has been moved to the device settings section on the new Kasa APP (Kasa -> select SR20 from home list -> select device settings from device details screen -> here you should see option for “Smart Actions”)

Options
2019-10-11 18:12:15

@Carl 

Yes, that pathway works for me.  Not intuitive but works. 
Thank you. I'll be purchasing some additional TP-link smart gear today.

Options
2019-11-21 20:45:52

I don't have that router so it looks like I will get to use the cloud.  I have been getting the Smart Actions not available message in the app.  It looks like a lot of people have it and I have the latest app and the latest firmware for my HS-105 switches.  Am I still waiting for it to be released to me or is there something that I should do to get it?  Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1256

Replies: 5

Related Articles