Control another device without the app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-20 13:06:30 - last edited 2019-11-20 13:09:26

I want to use Smart Switches to control two circuits from a single smart wall switch.  

Specifically, I want to use two smart wall switch to control two outdoor floodlights.  I don't want to fiddle with my phone either, I want to use the physical switch on one or both smart switches to control the group, so my kids or wife can do it without carrying around a phone.

When will this be possible?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Control another device without the app
2019-11-20 19:40:32

@Tpurbung 

You should be able to set a smart action for that.  You can set one switch to trigger the other swtich.  this will work if you use a voice assistant, the app or maunally press the button.  It Does have to be setup in the app though. 

Options
2019-11-20 19:48:30

@Carl Thanks for your reply.  When I select Smart Actions in the app, there is a message "We are in the process of deploying smart actions across the Kasa ecosystem.  Please stay tuned for updates."

Options
2019-11-20 19:52:30

@Tpurbung 

What TP-Link Smart Switch do you have?  I will need to look into this All three are suppose to be active so for users that have these devices, The HS107 smart plug or the KC100 or KC120 Smart Actions should be active. 

Options
2019-11-20 19:57:36

@Carl Oh, I don't have a smart switch yet.  I was hoping to try the function out on some of my KP100s first. Sounds like I need to order some smart switches in order to try it.

Options
2019-11-20 20:04:57

@Tpurbung 

Oh okay that makes sense.  Yes we hope to have all Kasa products to have smart actions available soon, hopefully by the middle of Q1 of 2020.  If you are looking into buying a few smart switches remember Black Friday sales are next week.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 5