Deco M5 refuses to work in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-07 17:15:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Soo i´ve been having a lot of problem with my decos as of lately, reason why i decided to switch them to AP mode to see if they would work. Initially it did say it was connected and showed a green light for around a minute, however now it is stuck in a solid red and even tought i have connection with all my wired devices (Including the pc i am typing with now) on Ipv6 and Ipv4 the deco still dosent realize its connected to the internet nor does it has internet on the wifi.
My ISP router is an Arris TG 1692 and upon checking its client list it reconizes all the other slave decos except my main one, not showing it as connected at all, even with it directly connected to one to it or to a switch.
I am running out of ideas and this whole thing that was supposed to be easy turned into a massive headache for me
Any help is appreciated
Arthur

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M5 refuses to work in AP mode
2019-12-09 19:24:10

@ArthurSalim 

Arthur, two possible solutions.  1.  Put one of the remote units as the main one.  They all have the same configuration so there should be no issue in swapping them out.  Make the current main unit a remote unit and see if it then successfully connects.  If the issue is replicated with the 2nd unit then the issue could be more on your main router's setting an you may need to contact that devices manufacture.  This would be option 2.  Work with Arris to see if there is any setting that is blocking the Deco in AP from communicting through it and to the internet.  

One other question is do devices connected to the deco still get access to the internet?

Options
2019-12-09 19:58:13

@Carl I have tried swapping them all out but all give the same error as for the question. Yes they all give connection to the internet as normal, for all intents and purposes i get my full speed and stable connection but i cannot acess them trought the app. The deco itself keeps its red light on the main one and the flashing red on all the slave ones.

Options
2019-12-09 22:50:36

@ArthurSalim 

When you are attempting to access the Deco in the Deco App are you connect to its network or are you connecting through another non-Deco network such as a work or LTE one? 

Options
2019-12-09 22:56:30

@Carl I have attempted both, one with data plan, one with its own wifi, i connect to the internet fine with both. Just not to the deco itself trought the app

Options
2019-12-10 19:50:19

@ArthurSalim 

The Deco app only allows access to people who are either signed into the "owner" account or a "manager" account.  Are you signed into one of these accounts.   Not the Owner account is the only one who can create manager accounts. 

Options
2019-12-10 19:52:53

@Carl definelly, i am using the same phone and app i used to create the network to start with, no one else except me has acess to the network app.

Options
2019-12-10 20:02:23

@ArthurSalim 

Okay.  Two things i would recommend trying.  1.  Log out and log back in to the owner account.  2.  Make sure the app if up to date.  If both of these check out and you have the ability to try to access the Deco from a different device like another phone or tablet.  If any of that fails then let me know.  We will need to collect more information and send it to our software team for research.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1334

Replies: 7

Related Articles