AC1750 Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC1750 Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AC1750 Range Extender
AC1750 Range Extender
2019-12-11 01:23:48
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just bought the AC 1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender RE450 to help in our small house as the router is on one side and needed a boost for the other side. Setup seemed to go smooth and the exteber is all lit up blue like it is working fine. I still am getting very little to no service when standing next to it. What could i have done wrong? Should i start from scratch? Is it bad idea for all passwords to match? Just looking to see where i may have missed something. ty in advance for advice. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC1750 Range Extender
2019-12-12 15:54:32 - last edited 2019-12-12 16:00:24

@downedbear 

I believe  you may have the extender with the exact same name of the original wireless network. What is likely happening is that your device is still connected to the router even though it is physically close to the extender giving the impression the extender is not working. The wireless password will need to be the same so that is fine.

Download our Tether app on your smart phone, connect to your Wi-Fi network then when you load the app you will find the extender. You will go to tools > extended network, and change the names there. I would recommend adding -ext at the end of each name so you know what network is what. Yes, you will need to manually switch over, but you will at least know for sure what device you are connected to.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 839

Replies: 1

Related Articles