Local Only on 1 HS200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Local Only on 1 HS200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Local Only on 1 HS200
Local Only on 1 HS200
2020-01-24 18:20:05
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have installed 9 HS200 Smart Switches over the last week. All have worked fine until yesterday when one of them started showing Local Only in the Kasa app.

I can control the switch from within my network but not when over my cell with wifi off.

I deleted the device and reset the switch multiple times. I connected the switch to a different wireless ap on the same subnet. Nothing I've done fixes the problem.

I have screen shots of the errors and information but don't see a way to post them in this message.

Please advise.

Thank You

Dave Brotherton

weedacres@gmail.com

Options
3 Reply
Re:Local Only on 1 HS200
2020-01-24 18:21:16
Forgot to mention that I did update the firmware when they were installed a couple days ago and checked that there is no new firmware. Thanks Dave Brotherton
Options
2020-06-20 01:07:50

@weedacres same problem with one of the three switches I bought. very frustrating. 

Options
2020-06-20 01:39:43
I installed a new switch in that location and had no trouble with it. I then installed the "bad" switch to a location that had a normal switch in it. The bad switch worked fine in that location, and is still operating fine. The only difference in locations is that the new one is on a different breaker than the "bad' one was.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 959

Replies: 3

Related Articles