New Canless Recessed LED Lighting 4" and 6" Sizes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-02 02:50:16

Hello TP-Link,

Are they any plans in the near future to make the new style of canlesss colored LED recessed lighting smart that will work with Kasa? Halo already makes a blutooth color LED version.

I am an electrician by trade and these new canless LED's are the way to go now on new install as well as remodeling.

I'm sure that the can lighting will be going away one day as LED tech advances. Yes we still need regular A19 bulbs as well as the R series (flood and spot) for existing cans. When a home is remodeled, we now only buy the canless lights so that they can be place exactly where the customer wants them regardless of frame work.

I can't upsale to smart bulbs if you don't malke them.

Thank you,

Options
5 Reply
Re:New Canless Recessed LED Lighting 4" and 6" Sizes
2020-02-03 18:03:38

@qarawol 

Unfortunately, we do not have anyting in the works for canless LED lighting. What you bring up is a good point. I will definatley forward that feedback to our devs. 

Options
2020-04-04 18:13:54

@qarawol Hey qaraol, not sure if you can help me here.  But I purchased from HD these 4" dimable LED canless lights made be Comercial Electric (model no. 91364) and was wondering is the HS220 smart wifi dimmer would be compatible? 

From reading your post below I was unsure.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lance

qarawol wrote

Hello TP-Link,

Are they any plans in the near future to make the new style of canlesss colored LED recessed lighting smart that will work with Kasa? Halo already makes a blutooth color LED version.

I am an electrician by trade and these new canless LED's are the way to go now on new install as well as remodeling.

I'm sure that the can lighting will be going away one day as LED tech advances. Yes we still need regular A19 bulbs as well as the R series (flood and spot) for existing cans. When a home is remodeled, we now only buy the canless lights so that they can be place exactly where the customer wants them regardless of frame work.

I can't upsale to smart bulbs if you don't malke them.

Thank you,

Options
2020-04-04 18:39:07

Hello Lance,

Yes. The Kasa HS200 Smart Dimmer Switch will work on those 4" recessed LED lights.

I was wanting to know if Kasa would be making those type of recessed lights with the Smart portion built in. The recessed lights you purchased has a switch in line to change to one of the 3 color options. You always have to pull down the light to change its color. If Kasa made these types of recessed light Smart with the option of full color spectrum like there KL130 bulb, there would be a huge market, I think for them. Being able to change color and dim in one light package without having to change the switch on the wall which can only dim.

I have 5 KL130 bulbs in the garage on one ceiling fixture. I grouped them together via app and can control them to change to one color or brightness all at the same time with a verbal command as well as control each bulb individually by color and brightness. When I say "Alexa, turn on movie night", one bulb is red at 7%, another at purple 7%, another white at 1%, etc etc.

It would be nice if Kasa made these in Smart. Maybe after your recessed lights install, you'll see my point.

Hope that helped,

Rick

Options
2020-06-16 20:03:16

Hello TP-Link,

It looks like the item I was wanting you guys to make is being made now by another company. Please look up Amazon ASIN: B01MG5L0Y3. Looks like I may be purchasing several as a test. Please really consider making these with a higher white kelvin like 5k-9k. These are replacing can type reccessed lights. And please keep me informed here if the palns are in the making. Can I be a tester if TP-Link does start to make them?

Best regards, Rick

Options
2020-06-17 17:27:29

@qarawol 

Thank you for the feedback and heads up.

The Kasa Smart division is not doing any beta testing, we are only accepting applications for our SOHO networking products: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/163962 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 4081

Replies: 5

Related Articles