Smart switch constantly restarts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-25 17:00:47
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After installing the switch, the switch constantly restarts. It turns on the and the orange light turns on but it restarts and makes a clicking noise before anything else happens. Then the cycle just repeats. I'm not sure what I have done wrong as the neutral wire is connected. The load and live wires are connected independently and the ground wire is also connected. At this point I think it's a faulty unit but I'd rather have it be a simple fix. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart switch constantly restarts
2020-02-26 19:36:51

@Jeff2900 

Typcially this is a symptom of miss wiring.  There are 3 wires that are required.  2- blacks, 1 being the load and 1 being the live wire. and 1- white wire that is the netural.  The live and load wires must be seperate and can not be tied to the same live wire in the switch box.  If there is only one wire available or there is no netural wire the HS200 cannot be used in that swich placement. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2524

Replies: 1