Archer AX10 WAN port issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX10 WAN port issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 WAN port issue
2020-11-06 22:57:06

@Colorado 

Please get a hold of your local support team here: https://www.tp-link.com/support/

They may be able to assist you with seeing if there is a newer firmware for the EU region.

Options
2021-01-22 02:53:37

For some of you, the issue seems firmware related due to regional issues. It is highly recommended to contact TP-Link support directly to have them send a firmware version appropriate for your region.

For others, it sounds like your ISP gateway (router) is the cause of your issue. If auto-negotiate is not enabled on the ISP equipment and set to something specific like 100Mbps Full/Half Duplex, then the downstream device (Archer AX10) needs to be set the same. This is very common amongst ISP equipment. If you have accessibility into your ISP equipment, ensure that the LAN interfaces are set to auto-negotiate and also configure your Archer AX10 to the same. Otherwise, call your ISP and ensure that they have their equipment configured for auto-negotiate.

Another alternative is to get a desktop gigabit switch like the TP-Link TL-SG105. Connect your ISP equipment AND the Archer AX10 to the switch and you should see auto-negotiate work.

Note: Most symmetrical fiber Internet providers in the US have what is called an ONT (Optical Network Terminal) device which is hardware coded for auto-negotiate. As an example, I have Frontier Fiber (formerly FiOS) 500/500. I don't use and I honestly prefer not to use the ISP's provided Arris NVG468MQ router or Verizon Quantum G1100 gateway and I uplink my Archer AX21 directly to my ISP's ONT. If any of you go this route, it is important to make note of your ISP's router MAC address and clone the address on the WAN of your TP-Link router. If you forget, you'll have to contact the ISP and have them update their registration table to include the default MAC of your TP-Link Router. Sometimes they will ... sometimes they'll tell you that you're not allowed to have your own router (WHICH IS A LIE!!).

I hope this helps. Honestly, going with a gigabit desktop switch is the quickest and easiest method .. but cost more money.

Options
2021-07-05 17:19:43

@VVV1981 is this in cuba? i've only ever heard of this type of "community internet" happening in cuba

Options
2021-07-08 20:07:04

@budafuko 

Community internets are fairly common throughout the US with Common Offices. These are buildings or suites with very small offices or large open spaces that people lease or pay monthly fees to claim external office spaces outside of home. WeWork.com is a website devoted to helping individuals and business teams find such places.

The types of environments are often pre-networked to use a single internet connection which many of these businesses refer to as shared internet. I've provided network architecture support for such a suite in which each office was configured for a VLAN based on the office number. VLANs were given its own subnet at the firewall appliance making the firewall appliance the gateway for the internet. Each office only had 1 ethernet port uplinked to switchgear with L3 routing. This meant that for people whom had teams with workstations that needed connectivity would need a desktop switch. Some have gone as far as to install a wireless router to create a tertiary network with wireless capabilities for mobile devices and laptops.

Some apartments, condos, and penthouse suites offer similar configurations that have very little restrictions but increased security. Hotels use this, also, but with a boatload of restrictions and quite frequently terrible security. Always use a VPN on Guest and Hotel WiFis when able. NordVPN, ExpressVPN, PIA (Private Internet Access), among others have very decent services for the price and can protect your internet browsing.

Options