Disappointed that you cannot see data usage by Device/IP (For weekly/monthly aggregates)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disappointed that you cannot see data usage by Device/IP (For weekly/monthly aggregates)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Disappointed that you cannot see data usage by Device/IP (For weekly/monthly aggregates)
2020-12-31 17:52:28
Is there any update on this request? I see this request going back 3-4 years, and we keep getting the same response. Comcast, amongst other ISPs, are implementing data caps in 2021 to millions of customers. The lack of this feature is costing people money.
Options
Re:Disappointed that you cannot see data usage by Device/IP (For weekly/monthly aggregates)
2021-01-08 07:07:30
I need the feature of monitoring each device data usage, but also the total data usage on a monthly basis as well. The monthly report gives more or less no value at this point.
Options
2021-02-03 13:50:47

@Carl 

Any update? This is a basic feature that puts you at a massive disadvantage versus your competition.

Almost every ISP is instituting data caps, not having this reporting is costing your users money.

Options
2021-02-05 01:50:14

@wallyweasel 

No nothing yet. That is not unusual though.  We will send the request up again and if we get anything back I'll make sure to let you all know. 

Options
2021-04-30 21:53:06
Currently having major issue with data useage with Cox. Cannot discuss device use as it doesn’t exist. Have to add device to Cox router/modem so the can give me percent of data used which is relative. Having details by device is a must for control over network. Please hurry with escalation of development and release.
Options
2021-07-28 04:13:50

@Carl 

It has been another 6 months.

What's the update?

Please help us make your product better. Give us the data per device information we need to monitor data consumption.

ISPs are now requiring 2 year contracts if you want the option of capless data otherwise the caps occur every month.

Update please!

Options
2021-07-28 19:00:56

@MeTPForum 

We have sent this up to the product team but have not yet heard anything.  That is not uncommon, but also please do not take these comments as that the feature will be commming because we cannot be sure of that.  New features and firmware updates are added every friday to our website and to the online update tools for products like Deco.  The best i can say is check the support page for your product or log into the app and check for updates every Friday to see if something new was added.  In the meantime you might want to looking into tools that can be installed on a PC to monitor network traffic.  Tools like this can tell you which device is consumming the most data. 

Options
2021-07-29 18:13:18

@Carl 

This is really a serious deficiency in the product. I am forced to use Comcast/Xfinity and have hit the data cap even though we are not heavy users. I really need to know which device is using the most data to control this. This is enough money each month that I can scrap the Deco for another device. Please encourage your development team to prioritize this basic router function.

Options
2021-08-02 16:19:35

@Merrill 

The thing is its not a basic router function,  Often routers will have bandwidth control or QOS, but not both.  This is because they are designed to facilitate the same action, network optimization.  Some time ago TP-Link switch the majority of our routers to QOS as research showed it was used more than bandwidth control as it was simpler and more intutive to use.  Also consider that we are a global manufacture and only a fraction of ISPs in the world still do bandwidth caps.  Most have opted to listen to their customers or simply throttle a connection that uses too much data.  It has be sent up again but in all likelyhood we will not be changing to any sigificant degree.

Options
2021-08-08 08:08:19
I need the feature of monitoring each device data usage, but also the total data usage on a monthly basis as well.
Options