Bed time using UTC instead of local time zone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Bed time using UTC instead of local time zone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
33 Reply
Re:Bed time using UTC instead of local time zone
2020-03-23 20:33:09

@ANielsen 

Thanks, I am trying to see what I can find in the mean time.

Options
Re:Bed time using UTC instead of local time zone-Solution
2020-03-24 18:54:41 - last edited 2020-03-25 01:41:21

I got word from HQ we have modified some setting on the cloud end to help address any time issues. If the time settings have not been corrected, change the time in the Web UI, save it, then change it back to the correct one, that should help speed up the time correction.

Here is how you would log into the Web UI: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2641/

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-03-25 01:14:38

@Tony When I logged in tonight, it was the correct time.  All good now.  Thank you!!

Options
2020-03-25 01:36:43

@Tony That did the trick! Changing time zone in the web app now changes the time (once reloading the page). In addition, the Bed Time settings are working properly again. Thanks!

Options
2020-05-06 21:14:59

I'll voice my concern here too just to bring it back to the top.  I received and installed  3 M5 units last night.  All was well and provided great coverage.  I upgraded to the latest firmware and all appeared to be well. I had set the LEDs to be off at night.  It was after the set time of 10pm and they went right off, so great!  I woke in the middle of the night with the light on and discovered the system would not hold the correct time.  It is very inconsistent between varying time zones and reboots.  If I'm lucky it gets within 1 hour like it is ignoring DST, but when I check back later it has jumped back to GMT.

Options
2020-05-08 20:33:55

@Tony I am in the Eastern Time Zone and cannot get the correct time.   I choose North America and New York, but the system continues to display GMT time.  Very frustrating...

Options
2020-05-09 17:07:24

Same issue here, deco showing wrong time. Changing the timezone and then changing it back from thw web UI does not work.

Options
2020-05-09 21:58:08

@Joetp, I would try updating the firmware in the Deco unit.  I can't remember exactly where it is when you log in, but somewhere in there is an option to update it.  That may fix it if they did a firmware fix that you don't have yet.

Options
2020-05-09 23:20:31

I just checked, firmware is up to date.

Options
2020-05-10 12:00:19

@Joetp, sorry to hear your still having problems.  You've probably rebooted or restarted the Deco, too. I'd do that again if you can - can't hurt.  If that doesn't fix it, then you could try resetting the router using a paperclip. Do a search online for 'how reset Deco 5'. That will put settings back to factory which may not be a big deal for you or it may be a big hassle, depending on how much you changed settings. I'd then do a firmware update again in that case.

Options