AX1500 ipv6 DNS issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX1500 ipv6 DNS issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX1500 ipv6 DNS issue
AX1500 ipv6 DNS issue
2020-03-22 17:22:47
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1

Side question: are these ever going to get a firmware update?  I see the other AX models getting a few, so far nothing on this one?

Anyhow, here's the problem.  I use adguard DNS.  I set the ipv4 and ipv6 DNS services in the AX1500 to be the adguard ones vs the default comcast dns.

On my windows PC, I pick up the ipv4 DNS adguard ip addresses fine, but the ipv6 DNS servers are stuck on the default comcast DNS servers.

I rebooted the router, the PC, released/renewed the addresses on the router end and the PC end, same deal.

Shut off ipv6 in the router, and since only ipv4 is available, the correct ad block dns is used.

SO, it looks like the router gets the default DNS from the ISP, shows what the user put in as their desired DNS, and ignores what the user put in when the router gets an ipv6 DNS address request, instead serving up the default DNS it got but isn't showing in the UI anymore.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1500 ipv6 DNS issue
2020-03-23 17:27:02 - last edited 2020-03-23 17:29:01

@cfb 

What if you went into your adapter IPV6 settings, and set the DNS server desired there?

As far as the side question, updates all differ, as there is not a set time when one is updated and not another. Case in point the Deco M5 got two updates and the M9 recently got one. So as long as the device is currently on our website I would take that as it should be constantly worked on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1664

Replies: 1

Related Articles