Deco App Not showing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco App Not showing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
74 Reply
Re:Deco App Not showing devices
2020-10-27 07:59:16

Still not working for me.

Options
2020-10-27 09:04:24

@ElsonThomas 

For me it works. It will take a few secs ... til 10 or 15 secs.

Enable IGMP. And TP-Link sent to me another firmware upgrade.

Options
2020-11-25 01:36:07

@ElsonThomas This is still an issue. It's funny because there was something that said to enable ICMP. But you can't enable it if you can't get to the router. 

This app is flaky af. Sometimes the devices show, most of the time they don't. When they do show, I try to set the preferred Deco device and it continually tells me it can't save my settings b/c the Deco can't be found. You try reconnecting again and the devices no longer appear. Sometimes I get my router settings options, sometimes I get a couple of them, sometimes I get half of them. 

I'm running the latest firmware and even reinstalled the Deco app. Not sure what more to do. I even tried logging into the IP and it won't even let me in.

Seems that all of this is connected to the Deco cloud (appears in the error messages sometimes). Perhaps TP-Link could fix their cloud infrastructure to scale up to demand. 

Options
2020-11-28 18:49:52 - last edited 2020-11-28 18:51:14

Same here! Deco M4 v2. Android app became unusable. Decos appear disconnected, App misses icons (disappeared) I can not even open settings menu. Disappointing...

Options
2021-01-01 22:17:08

@Antonisv 

I have exactly the same problem. I manage two different networks, each one has three M4.

Everything worked fine for a couple of months, but now things have gone wrong. The wifi is functioning normally, but in the app Decos appear disconnected, no devices are listed, almost all icons are missing, so I cannot see or change any settings. It is also impossible to add a new Deco ("Please try again later").

I installed the app on another phone, but that one did not work either. Strangely enough, on the second phone the disconnected M4s showed up online, all the rest was identical to the first phone: no devices, icons missing, ...

Options
2021-01-03 12:28:53 - last edited 2022-07-12 05:58:45

@LucDC 

I restarted main deco and it's fixed

Options
2021-01-05 13:34:43

Antonisv wrote

@LucDC 

I restarted main deco and it's fixed

Thank you so much! I was afraid to restart the Deco, because my home automation system relies on wifi, and if there were issues with the restart, I would end up without heating. I sent a message to TP-Link's support as well, but they have not responded so far.

Anyway, after reading your message I crossed my fingers, and decided to give it a try. After the reset, the led on the Deco was yellow at first ("Deco is starting up"), and then became solid red ("Deco has an issue"). Fortunately, after a while the led turned white, and the app is working again. smiley Tomorrow I will give it a try at my daughter's as well.

Options
2021-03-19 16:05:53

@LucDC thx! Had the same issue. Restarted the other 2 decos but not the main one. Doh. Restarted it and now all my options in the app are back and the app is showing the other twee decos correctly and also my devices in the network. It was saying that the decos didnt work but they worked perfectly fine. Strange but glad its working again. 

Options
2021-04-06 11:59:48
Same here with P9
Options
2021-08-03 15:52:26

I am having the same issue with my m5 model. No method is working for me, I've tried everything I guess. This is unacceptable from Tp-Link. They have not at all bothered to fix an app issue which has existed for over a year.

Options