Deco App Not showing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco App Not showing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
74 Reply
Re:Deco App Not showing devices
2021-12-14 20:44:00

@ElsonThomas 

I had same issue with Deco Android app on X60 not showing all devices.  These were previously static address devices

on a 192.168.N.xxx network with Router address 192.168.N.254.  Now with the Decos behind the ISP modem/router,

the Deco router is 192.168.N.M (M != 254)

So, I did 2 things:

1) Connect the devices (1 at a time) wired directly to a Deco

2) Change that device's previous Default Gateway setting to the Deco router IP (192.168.N.254 -> 192.168.N.M)

After that the devices started showing up in the list (which I needed to set port Forwarding).  I set the notifications to

tell me when new devices connected, which helped.

Funny thing is, they worked fine (could not be connected to from outside the network without the ports being forwarded,

but worked internally) although they weren't showing up in the list at first.  Even after they showed up, some would

sometimes show the opposite IP address for the ones I connected wired but wanted wireless, for instance (I think this

is a caching issue with the app or router logging).  Then I just started going straight to the devices Network TCP/IP

settings directly and that seemed to work fine.

Hope that helps.

Options
2021-12-18 05:54:50

@TP-Link  zero clients are showing in the app.

Options
2021-12-21 01:44:22

@KingdomLaz 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback.

Would you please send me some pictures of the online list on the Deco APP?

And please also send APP feedback via Deco APP>Overview>help>contact us>suggestions and add APP log.

Options
2022-02-06 21:24:05
Same here: 10 devices shown, other devices are connected but I can't see the one I need to configure for port forwarding -- and the app, inexplicably, doesn't allow me to type in the IP address directly. Not to mention that port forwarding can be set up from the app but not from the web interface. Really underwhelming for devices of this price category.
Options
Re:Deco App Not showing devices -Solution
2022-02-07 05:54:12 - last edited 2023-02-02 07:14:09

Update:

Case One: 

When Deco units are on Ethernet Backhaul via a Network switch, the client devices connected to the same switch still have internet access but show up as offline on the deco app.

The solution could be found here: Static IP clients and other devices on switch showing offline

Case Two:

If the whole online client list is blank, please send us a picture of the online client list together with the APP feedback.

23832c20e8074468b0341b3b2a73e5d8

Solution:

• The official firmware 1.6.5 has fixed this issue already, and please make sure your Deco is up to date:

Deco M5-1.6.5 build20230110

• If your model is not Deco M5, please comment below with the current model number as well as the hardware and firmware version.

Case Three:

Only "Advanced" and "Manager"options are available on the Deco APP.

The Solution could be found here: Only the Advanced and Manager features show up on the Deco app

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-06-30 05:15:26 - last edited 2022-11-23 09:56:48

Hi All, Hi @TP-Link @David-TP  - I have encountered the same problem as listed here. My Decos are as following:

mode: AP

1. Deco M5 (FW: 1.6.0) - main deco
  2. Deco M4R (FW: 1.5.4)
  3. Deco M4R (FW: 1.5.4)

Edit: all of my Decos are connected to the same switch, which is TP-LINK TL-SG108PE.

Connected clients has not been presented. Both in Application and in WEB page of Deco M5. Clients have no issue to connect to Wifi. Problem was only with "list of connected clients".

I was trying to reboot clients, Decos - no improvement.

Then I have switched off Smart DHCP option. List of clients is working again now (BTW. I needed to reboot Decos and reconnect clients).

I do not know if this is causing the problem - here is a chance for @TP-Link to check it in more details.

Options
2022-07-07 20:40:29

@LucaB 

LucaB wrote

Same here: 10 devices shown, other devices are connected but I can't see the one I need to configure for port forwarding -- and the app, inexplicably, doesn't allow me to type in the IP address directly. Not to mention that port forwarding can be set up from the app but not from the web interface. Really underwhelming for devices of this price category.

I've just installed 3x Deco X60 - main device wired to ISP router on one side, TPLink  TL-SG1024 switch on the other.

Whole house is wired for ethernet back to this switch.

Everything was fine initially - I could see all my wired and wireless devices.

Once I plugged the 2 remote APs into the switch for ethernet backhaul, all the wired devices changed to "offline".

As you say, the app won't let you set up adress reservation unless the device is selectable from the "online" list.

Poor that you can't set up using known MAC adresses. (Google Wifi was the same though)

I resolved this by unplugging the APs from the switch - all wired devices came up as online again and I was able to set fixed IP's. (This caused inital conflict, as you can only assign fixed IPs in the same range already reserved for DHCP allocations!!!?? ).

Really would be much easier if all this functionality and more could be done from the web interface.

App seems slow to update any status changes - no usage graphs like I had with Google Wifi.

If I hadn't resolved the fixed IP issue today I was going to send the units back and reinstate my Google setup.

Still feel like I've taken a step back in visibility and control of my network, despite the improved connection speeds.

Options
2022-11-08 19:26:54
I am seeing same issue with Deco app. Network is working fine but few devices are not saw up in Deco app. Also, do not see real time data and have to refresh Deco app in order to see what is online and what is offline. I just setup the network using XE5300
Options
2022-12-13 18:59:25

Seeing the same issue, Deco M5's.  I notice when this issue occurs that some devices when trying to connect are unable to Obtain an IP.  For me, if I reboot all Decos then it starts showing connected devices and the devices that couldn't get an IP suddenly can.

This only resolves the issue for a short time, and then the App goes back to not showing any connected devices.  Was hoping the newest App and Firmware updates would fix this, but it still is occurring.

Options
2022-12-16 02:58:52

@Zoyano 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Could you please send me some screenshots of the online lists on the Deco APP?

" I notice when this issue occurs that some devices when trying to connect are unable to Obtain an IP", Is it a specific device, or randomly on different mobile devices?

Could you please help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options