Has Internet Connection But Browser Doesn't Work(Dns not responding problem)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-05 00:55:05
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm connected through Ethernet cable - from the RE450 to my computer, i set it all up and it works fine at the begining and after couple minutes the browser stop working but it shows me i'm still connected then i did windows troubleshoot and it said me one of two things:

windows cannot communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server)

or

The dns server isn't responding

i tried plenty guides of fixes that i found on youtube and the web but nothing worked, i tried to change the settings of the dhcp server(even i don't know what i'm doing) to try and fix it.

i dont know if it's something common but i need fix for this ASAP because im struggling with this for about a week and it's drives me crazy.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Has Internet Connection But Browser Doesn't Work(Dns not responding problem)
2020-05-05 16:39:57

@Ben1125 

Hi Ben. The fix will likely need to take place on the router the extender is connected to.  As the extender is getting all of its network information from the router, the issue is likely there.  Sometimes default ISP provided DNS do cut work well with 3rd party extension devices.  Go to your Router's WAN settings and then change the DNS servers to a Public DNS like Googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.  Save the settings and then let us know if the issue still exist.  If it does we will need more infromation like who your ISP is and what the make and model of the router is. 

Options
2020-05-05 16:50:24
my router dns is already public, i set it for cisco dns about a week ago and it didn't solve my problem. anyway - my ISP is Partner and my router model is technicolor dga2232.
Options
2020-05-08 00:00:44 - last edited 2020-05-08 00:01:04

help someone???

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1063

Replies: 3