Slave to Slave to Master Unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-11 01:27:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm considering purchasing the Deco M9 Plus with three units. My house is long and narrow and the internet connection is located at the far end of the house. If I set up two slave units in a row down the length of the house (Slave, Slave, Master), will the far slave unit use the middle slave unit to connect to the Master (which would be connected to the Internet)? The configuration would look like this: Slave <-> Slave <-> Master, with <-> representing data transmittion. All the documentation I could find on the TP-Link website shows a Slave <-> Master <-> Slave configuration for a 3-unit system. See below for notional network maps.

Will the system run in the Ideal Setup? Thank you!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Slave to Slave to Master Unit
2020-05-12 16:11:43

@ChasePSU 

The slave will look at what is available and connect to the AP that will work best. In your case your ideal connection is what will happen so the Deco units are capable of connecting to each other to provide internet.

Options
2020-05-12 17:05:03

@Tony Great. I had a feeling that would be the way it worked. Thanks!

Options
2020-05-15 09:03:54

@Tony 

Hi,

I have setup a new M4 system in my house. Though the second slave is closer to the first slave than the master, it's connected to the master. How do I make it connect to the first slave? 

Options
2020-05-15 22:41:50

@Yas22 

You can't, the Deco does not give control over the backend process.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1982

Replies: 4

Related Articles