TPLink warranty Bait and Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TPLink warranty Bait and Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:TPLink warranty Bait and Switch
2020-06-27 02:08:14

@IrvSp  there are several laws in place that say you have the right to a new unit if it arrived damaged or broken out of the box.

If I buy the tplink product at Amazon, I can return it and get a refund..no problem. My issue is more with Vidlogix than with tplink. Vidlogix basically says you get a refund if the unit I return is New.. how do I do that if it is broken out of the box? It I just plain stupid and anti customer. I will warn as many people as possible about these scams!

Options
2020-06-27 12:19:24
Thanks for the heads up on VIDLOGIX as I rate customer service high when determining who I do business with. Most all the electronic device companies will not replace a bad unit with a new one per the printed documentation. I have seen new units sent instead. I have found if I am very nice and work with the company sometimes it pays off big time. My security alarm developed an issue where certain buttons on the keypad no longer worked so it was hard to turn the alarm off. Had to use my phone app instead of the keypad. Contacted them to see about the cost of getting a replacement keypad as the system was way out of warranty. They send me a new unit (at least it looked new in original packaging) at no cost if I return the old unit. There are a few things I do not like about the alarm system, but I will use them again when I replace the system because of their customer service. Hope the replacement router works for you.
Options
2020-06-27 13:05:09

@ArcherC8 Customer service either is or is not.. it should not depend on customers being nice or have to ask for it. I received. Faulty unit and need a refund, not a new one...

Options
2020-06-28 11:58:42
I was a software developer for many years and did some support of our product during that time. As a support person, you had many open tickets at any given time. All issues could not be resolved immediately and we had to work within the guidelines set by management. It is human nature that if someone is nice to you, you give them better and faster service.
Options
2020-06-30 11:56:04

@Ronvp So, even after cancelling, getting confirmation from a customer support person (CICI), that it was cancelled, a other (not sure if it is new or re-rubbished), unit arrived. This one looks to be in working order. So I plan to send the old one back today, order me a other (NOT a TP-Link) router through Amazon, Keep this as a back-up and continue my mission to warn people about VIDLOGIX's STUPID REFUND POLICY THAT DOES NOT GIVE A REFUND IF IT ARRIVES BROKEN!

Options
2020-06-30 12:04:17

@ArcherC8 Any customer service peson that gives priority or better service to what they deem "Nice People" is in fact retailiating to others who they perceive as Less Nice.. I really hope your supervisor got on your case! When I buy a product, the box does not say "only nice people get good service"

I was VERY respectfull and FACTUAL from day one. FACTS are FACTS and not intended or required to be nice!

Options
2020-06-30 19:54:19 - last edited 2020-06-30 19:54:42

@Ronvp 

Honestly the RMA process with these guys is the most arcane BS process I've ever dealt with.  I'm in the middle of it with my dead router right now.  They keep trying to "help" me troubleshoot it but dead is dead. Its like a bad insurance company that just denies every claim.

Options
2020-06-30 20:51:36

@elfletcho You like to buy mine? laugh Brand New Archer AX6000 250 USD?laugh

Options
2021-02-25 06:17:19

@IrvSp at least netgear will send you a new unit if you ask for it ..also I got a supervisor call back from someone at tp link and he told me that my shipping was going to be refunded for the advance replacement and I requested a new replacement and that was ordered the status still says preparing shipment and these scumbags have the balls to send me an email saying now all of a sudden my unit was purchased refurbished when it was not and purchase from best buy ..also have in writing that my shipping would be refunded to me and the techs on the phone are trying to play God and tell that there is no warranty on my product by the serial number although it was already approved by the supervisor who called me back they are a bunch of arrogant scumbags and they will pay .

Options
2021-02-25 11:32:01

Gamerelite1980 wrote

@IrvSp at least netgear will send you a new unit if you ask for it ..

@Gamerelite1980 

Well, I did NOT, came in a WHITE box and had a label on the bottom over the old one. Didn't last a year... and like a FOOL I bought another Netgear. Then they removed FEATURES I USED!!! Could not update firmware unless I wanted to lose the DLNA SERVER I was using.

So you think everyone is doing it better? Wrong!!! I just went through a LONG battle with Western Digital over Warranty on a NEW PURCHASE from Office Depot last month.

I had a 2 year old 4TB external desktop drive that started to fail. I was a REPLACEMENT for another that failed. It did have a 3 year warranty, and getting an RMA (had to pay $8 for shipping when getting the RMA). Sent it back and it would arrive in 2 weeks more for the replacement. Couldn't wait so I bought another NEW one to use.

Sounds reasonable, no? Registered it and noticed I didn't get the 3 years the box said but 90 days? What? Phone calls, impossible to reach the right person. Chat, a waste of time. Wrote support. After a few days get email that the unit was NOT new but Refurbished!!! Only get 90 days... My Sales Slip was AGAIN sent back and it shows a purchase, nothing about a Refurbished unit? New answer, well, the unit was MANUFACTURED in 2018, therefore couldn't be new! BS... complained and said OK, get a letter from the store a new unit was sold to you. Ahh, the fun begins. I bring in the box to Office Depot (didn't bother disconnecting and bringing the drive). Store Manager was taken aback by the email exchanges. Said they ONLY sell new stock. OK, give me a letter stating this S/N was NEW. Gets on the phone and calls someone. Said she couldn't do that, isn't allowed. Why? They have NO WAY of knowing what S/N I was sold and don't even KNOW if the box I was showing her was the one they gave me? They do NOT track S/N. Give me a letter to that effect, nope, can't do that. Wrote back to WD... and they will accept a letter from the store manager on store stationary stating they sell only new hard drives. Store Manager agreed and said she give me one that say they only get stock from Office Depot's main distribution center and as far as they know, ALL are NEW, and I was sold a NEW unit, not a Refurbished one. Took 2 weeks to get that done, including me writing the Corporate office about my troubles which I think actually made it happen. One reason I guess was they couldn't tell me if the unit's S/N was registered before which the Office Depot's Mgr. asked me to find out. If it was, she'd replace the drive. I had already re-formatted it for use on a Dell XPS and written almost 2 TB's to it, and she said just format again and return it if I needed too. She didn't have a problem with WD before though.

I suspect you hit the SAME problem I did? The Store Manager told me she's had a few like mine. She suspects with Covid-19 either people are working from home, in some cases basically unsupervised and doing the wrong thing? She also thinks companies are emptying the stock they have as new supplies are slow to arrive and ship out older units. In some cases, they might even be sending out Refurbished vs. New?

Options