Unable to connect to WiFi extender: Incorrect Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to connect to WiFi extender: Incorrect Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to WiFi extender: Incorrect Password
2021-05-07 12:39:50 - last edited 2021-11-26 08:33:31
I have same issue, Rested the router password and then connected though app, now its working
Options
2021-06-22 20:03:30

@figgin You are a star!! This worked (sort of). Basically i followed all you points until change password.

I went into Settings, click on wireless extender then extended network. From here your menu should show connect to  host network. you will see the 2.5 and 5 GHz and boxes that say password! Select this and copy, the find the extender network in wifi selection and paste the very long pw and presto instant connection :). 4 hours of back and forth via tech support and you've succeeded in minutes.

Thank you

Options
2021-06-29 13:49:36

@Tony 

I am having the same problem. EVENTUALLY set up with Tether, what a palaver that was! Linked the repeater to my router, same password. I can connect with my Macbook but when I try with my phone it says incorrect password. I have NEVER had a problem connecting to any other network, so why this one? I have rebooted my phone but it makes no difference. I have reset the repeater 4 times and the same problem occurs.

I have an old tp link repeater that did not need an App or all this rubbish, just plugged it in and it came up automatically on my computer and set it up in 2 minutes. Why does everyone need to complicate something that works?

Options
2021-06-29 21:00:53

@nrw1950 

The Range Extender doesn't need the Tether app.  It is just there to provide addtional convience but you are able to still set them up via WPS or through a Web UI.  Each extender should also have links to each setup video though here is a link that will work for all extenders 

Options
2021-07-09 12:05:59

@Carl 

My Router does not have a WPS button.

Options
2021-07-09 21:17:11

@nrw1950 

If your router does not have WPS then you would need to use the Web UI or Tether installation options. 

Options
2021-07-31 17:14:52

@Andy_C74   Hello...  I am having the same problem.  Did you resolve it?

Options
2021-08-01 08:47:21

@Amy129 Yes did you do what I said? Go into your router and find its IP number, then go on a browser and log into your extender and change password

Options
2021-08-02 00:20:04
I am having the same problem any ideas
Options
Re:Unable to connect to WiFi extender: Incorrect Password-Solution
2021-08-02 03:26:37 - last edited 2021-12-02 10:57:14

Hello everyone, 
Thank you all for providing feedback here, we have an instruction that may help resolve  ' wireless devices unable to connect to Wi-Fi extender' concern , please check out thread here for details:
[Troubleshooting]  Unable to Connect to WiFi Extender Saying Incorrect Password

Feel free to comment in the above thread and let us know if that works for you. 
Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options