Slow Speeds through Ethernet and WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-12 22:01:04
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My download speed through the Deco P9 router is limited to 40 Mbps and upload speed is nil, whether I connect via Ethernet direct or via wifi.  But if I connect directly to the cable modem or through the router supplied by my ISP/cable provider, I get 110-120 Mbps down and 10-15 Mbps up.  Is this a sign my Deco P9 is faulty?  If so how can I arrange for repair or replacement?

Is it possible that, if I traded out the current "main Deco" (i.e. the one I've connected via ethernet to the modem) with one of the other units, I might get better speeds?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Speeds through Ethernet and WiFi
2020-07-14 16:49:53

@Max92253 

To get a replacement you would contact our support team to do the needed troubleshooting. Once they determine it is bad, they can then begin the replacement process.

Yes, you can swap the main Deco node with one of the other units to see if that would help.

In the meantime, I would focus on the one node, have the others powered down. If you get slow speeds with the single node, swap the Ethernet cable it is using and port. If it is still slow, look at your settings. Remove any device on high priority, disable Fast Roaming, go into QoS (see if the internet speed is set the correct amount). The QoS should have a setting for "standard" among others like gaming or chat, if it does select that.

Going back to the Ethernet cable, even if it already is new or what came with the Deco still swap that out.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 1

Related Articles