Deco X20 TrendMicro Security Database Updates - Internet Disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X20 TrendMicro Security Database Updates - Internet Disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Deco X20 TrendMicro Security Database Updates - Internet Disconnect
2020-08-15 14:15:30

@Tony I have Critical Error 3 in my cable modems logs.  Yet the Internet hasn't gone out in days.  Then last evening, the Internet went out and guess what?  The Deco was updating it's security database.

I've placed my old wifi router back on the network earlier and had no issues at all.

I am not the only person to inquire about security database updates causing disconnects.  Plenty in the forums.

Options
2020-08-21 21:05:56

@dnandell 

Do you happen to have screenshots from the app reflecting the database being updated.

Options
2020-08-21 21:33:35

@Tony So.... I've spent the week testing and watching things.  I've come to the conclusion that it is indeed my cable provider.  It has become pretty unstable lately even though I have a brand new cable to my house from the box in the yard.  The Deco X20 updates the database upon reboot, well there were times I unplugged the Deco while I unplugged the cable router so what I thought was happening was a part of the Deco X20 startup (checking security updates).

I have stopped unplugging the Deco X20 when trying to get Internet to come back online.  The only thing I don't like is how long it takes the Deco X20 to realize that the Internet is connected again.  I've found unplugging the ethernet cable/plugging it back in helps.  I've also spent a majority of the time leaving things alone and it eventually all comes back online.

Now if you would configure the ability to configure an always on VPN with the Deco X20 I'd be really happy.

You can close any support tickets I have open.

Options