Groups: set delay for certain plugs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-20 02:14:16 - last edited 2020-08-20 02:16:06
Model: HS107  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have musical equipment plugged into a group of 3 smart plugs. Is there a way to set a delay when turning the entire group on and off so that certain equipment can power up before other equipment? 

(the issue right now is that when I activate / deactivate the entire group, the power amplifier turns on and off at the same time as the speakers, which causes a spike, which in turn causes a loud popping noise)

Options
3 Reply
Re:Groups: set delay for certain plugs?
2020-08-20 18:12:12

@GorgeousGorgias 

For the HS107 you should have smart actions in the Kasa app, which you can chain events where if one plug turns off then a timer is set to then turn off other devices.

Options
2020-08-21 00:10:06

@Tony

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried Smart Actions, but cannot find the functionality I'm looking for. I'm using the iOS app. When I select "Smart Actions" along the bottom of the screen, and then "Add an Action," I am asked the following: "what kind of automation do you want to configure?" My choices at that point are (1) motion sensing; (2) control with a switch; (3) schedule a scene; or (4) auto-off timer.

None of those seems to do what I need (auto-off timer was initially promising, but it simply sets a time to turn a plug OFF after it has been ON for a set amount of time). 

Options
2020-08-21 22:29:41

@GorgeousGorgias 

I was thinking of the function with the switch, but that does not appear to trigger a delay, my apologies.

Currently, the only delay we have would be with the sunset/sunrise. I looked on Alexa, Google, and IFTTT (cant set Kasa as trigger), but doesn't appear to be possible.

I'm thinking that one device will need to be excluded from the group for now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 851

Replies: 3