All lights blinking - router not turning on. Bricked ? ( Tp-Link C60 )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-24 18:29:40 - last edited 2020-08-24 18:41:35
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I purchased a TP-Link C60 router in October 2019 and it stopped working today.
Around the afternoon my internet connection went off and all 5 lights are blinking.

I have tried basic troubleshooting like:
    1. Turning off the router, unplugging, and turning back on after a couple of minutes.
    2. Pressing the reset button for 15+ seconds and restarting the router after the same.
I have recorded a video of the issue if that might help to understand remotely: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L95A877apNc

Any help is appreciated, I have to use the internet with LAN on my laptop for the time being.

Options
6 Reply
Re:All lights blinking - router not turning on. Bricked ? ( Tp-Link C60 )
2020-08-24 18:55:18

@SunnyKhanuja 

Hi Sunny,

This looks like your router is failing POST (power up startup test) This meaning there is likely an issue with in the firmware. You can try this guide to do a firmware recovery.  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1482/  if it does not help I would suggest reaching out to your local support at support.in@tp-link.com

Options
2020-08-24 19:08:48

@Carl I highly appriciate your quick reply and posting recovery process, unfortunately, I am stuck in step 2 of the process: "Ensure there is power and link showing on the router" - My Router is not getting identified by PC at all. I have tried plugging it into 2 of my computers and Network Connections shows "Network Cable unplugged".

Options
2020-08-24 19:15:12

@SunnyKhanuja 

In that case the firmware recovery will not work.  The unit will need to be replaced, if it qualifies for warranty repalcement.  The only people who can determine that though will be the local support team.  For India that would be here:  https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/contact-technical-support/

Options
2020-08-24 19:20:16

@Carl 

Cool. I will get in touch with Technical Support Team via the link you provided.

Thanks for assisting :)

BTW - I purchased this router last year(2019) October. It seems it has 2 years+ warranty left- am I correct?

Also, I need to look where I kept the bill - in case I don't find the bill - does TPLink validate this from their end and help me with warranty support?

Options
2020-08-25 17:57:17

@SunnyKhanuja 

In india at least according to the warranty policy SoHo products actually look like they have a 3-year limited warranty.  Here is the link to the policy.  https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/replacement-warranty/ 

Options
2020-08-26 06:37:42

@Carl I checked yesterday with TP-Link India support over call and email.

I was able to get bill in amazon.in account.

After taking to them I got to know that C60 has these kinds of hardware issues after few months if used with high-speed/fibernet internet connection(mine is 200MBps) - This is what local TP-Link representative informed me as per his prior experience.

Though my device is under warranty unfortunately they don't have a refurbish replacement unit available in Bangalore, India, and not sure how long it might take but has been asked to give a call after 2 weeks.

Let's see how it goes.

Until then using my Ethernet plugged in the docking station.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 12715

Replies: 6