HS210KIT - Wiring Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS210KIT - Wiring Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS210KIT - Wiring Issue
HS210KIT - Wiring Issue
2020-09-20 21:43:49 - last edited 2020-09-20 22:18:44

I purchased the HS210KIT to allow 2 different light switch locations to control 1 light.  My issue is my wiring did not match (did not have a 2nd black wire that was connected), but here is where I am currently;

Location 1

1 black wire (connected to load)

1 off white wire (Assumed this is a traveller and connected)

1 red wire (Assumed this is a traveller and connected)

Neutral from switch attached to multiple neutrals in box

1 ground (Green to ground)

While I see another black wire, it was not connected to my original single pole light switch and was terminated to a red wire going into another wire and did not seem to have anything to do with this application.

This location works fine, was able to configure to the Kasa app and works with Google Home.  Can turn switch on and off from the physical Kasa switch

Location 2

1 black wire (connected to load)

1 off white wire (Assumed this is a traveller and connected)

1 red wire (Assumed this is a traveller and connected)

1 ground (Green to ground)

Neutral from switch not connected and capped.  No other wires present in this box.

My issue is that the switch has power (Location 2), but when I press it, it turns light on and then it immediately turns light off.

If I turn the light on manually using (Location 1), then Location 2 has no power to the switch (lit circle is gone) and when pressing the switch, light does not turn off.

Thank you, would appreciate any insight.  Have multiple Kasa switches, this is my first 3-way!

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210KIT - Wiring Issue
2020-09-21 01:31:53

@RMACTECH 

So here is what I did, I left Location #1 installed with the HS210 and replaced the standard lightswitch on Location #2.  As I think about it, there is really no reason for me to have both as I am really installing it for the Smart Access via Google Home and all I need is one of them to do it, outside of the aesthetics of them not matching.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 1

Related Articles