Router for Verizon Fios

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router for Verizon Fios

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router for Verizon Fios
Router for Verizon Fios
2020-09-25 19:14:33
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have a Verizion FIOS 300/300 connection. With a Verizon router, I get approximately the rated speed on WIFI. I tried two TP Link routers, Archer A5 and Archer C6, both supposed to handle much higher speed than my internet connection. But Archer A5 provides me about 60MBPS download and 90MBPS upload while C6 provides me about 150MBPS Download and 300 MBPS upload. These speeds are on WIFI and sitting next to the router. Any suggestion on how to improve the speed? 

If these routers are not meant for Verizon FIOS, which model can provide me with the actual speed (300/300)? 

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router for Verizon Fios
2020-09-28 16:24:16

@sudocool 

Test the wired speed from the router to see what speeds the routers are receiving from their WAN port. If those are slow that will equate to the slow Wi-Fi speed.

I would recommend disabling the Wi-Fi on the Verizon router to avoid any interference. Also, when testing the Wi-Fi on the router, use the 5G, and make sure both network names are different on the Archer routers.

Continue to test on the Archer A6, the Archer A5 only has 100 Mbps ports so you will never get above 100 Mbps. The Archer A6 has gigabit ports.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1528

Replies: 1

Related Articles