Archer Ax10 ping not <1ms and not stable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-27 13:27:21
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

My old router ping is almost 0 in cmd,

ping -t 192.168.0.1 is not < 1 ms this one and not stable, need an update there.

Also if gaming important and i am a gamer why Qos is so basic? Need an uptade here too.

Also thanks for wpa3.

(i tried cat5e and cat7 cable) is there anyone have same model and issue here?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer Ax10 ping not <1ms and not stable
2020-09-29 00:40:56

@Adminblank 

Can you share a screen shot of the ping results I'd also like you to do a loaded ping command.  Ping 192.168.0.1 -n 500 -l 500.  

For the QOS.  On the Archer AX10 is device based not application based. With device based you simply put the Download and upload limits of your ISP speed package, then choose what devices get priority and which do not.  We do have routers that have application based QOS but those are our HomeCare equipped products.   Also may people don't realize QOS is really only needed for lower bandwidth.  For Users with 300+ or higher its actual benefits are minimal.  

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2020-09-29 13:21:00

@Carl Hi,

I have lower bandwidth if i cant use Qos ping spikes come. I have to limit upload speed at least for other users. My old router giving me < 1ms constantly and games ping increased with ax10 which i dont want. Mr. @Carl  can you deliver my requests to software team for Qos and ping? I bought this one for future investment i don' t want to send it back unless if i have to.

Maximum 5ms this one, sometimes it is 6, it is ethernet not wireless. This is idle test also no download or upload.

Options
2020-09-29 21:10:56

@Adminblank 

You have to understand that ping spikes are a normal part of internet traffic.  Especially when you have a lot of traffic being passed or received at the same time. The more the internet is being used the higher chances of there being lag, ping spike or other traffic related issues. Though the AX10 will mitigate as much as possible these items are more prevalent when high throughput demands gaming and HD streaming.  Besides the router a bigger pipe or more bandwidth can help address this.  With the pings to the Gateway 5ms maximum is actually really good and there does not seem to be a problem with LAN communication to the router.  The QOS features are not planned to be changed as application based QOS is not part of this products feature set.  That doesn't mean its not still fully functional just that QOS is based on device and not type of traffic.  

What is your average internet usage and what type of service do you use?

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

Options
2020-09-30 10:36:26
@Carl Like i said in the test there was 0 usage of internet it was idle not heavy usage and still giving me like a wireless ping this is normal for Ax10, okay. When i saw 3 core and 256MB Ram i expected more. (Vdsl2 17A 24 down / 6 up). I need to limit upload bandwith but it is not planned. Then you can make an example, make a user happy. I saw Qos, i did not know it is basic. It is not Qos what i know you must renamed it. You re not gonna help me aren't you Mr. Carl?
Options
2020-10-01 15:15:48

@Carl @Tony Any news?

Options
2020-10-01 16:18:37 - last edited 2020-10-01 16:18:50

@Adminblank 

Limit bandwidth?  That's not QOS that a different feature called bandwidth control. That's not a feature that is available on this product.  Products will either have bandwidth control or QOS.  One or the other but not both.  Its not a matter of not wanting to help a customer or make them happy.  In fact our goal is actually to focus on satisfaction.  With the intention that even if you do get the answer the you are hoping for or even if you are not happy with the answer that it has been satisfactorily answered. In this particular case the service available on your router is a form of QOS, we cannot rename and bandwidth will not be available on this router because it has a QOS feature. 

Options
2020-10-01 19:13:26

@Carl 

I wished one simple thing from you Mr.Carl, your ICMP pings decreasing with internet usage, when idle it is increasing. I saw 19ms today, it is normal of course, even perfectly fine(!). You don't even know  how is your product works, you can test it if you want. Actually i am not happy, i am not satisfied but this is the point what i got but this is my fault to trust Tp Link for add  a simple feature to router, yes i am guilty to buy this cheap entry model and most importantly thank you Carl for your satisfying service and kindness to solving my issues. I hope you work in this company very long time pal. I will give it back. I m 24 years old and thinking to live 50 more, at least i have an idea  my future tp link purchases in this particular case "IT'S NOT PLANNED!" I hope this answer would be satisfying.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1146

Replies: 7

Related Articles