(Solved) Crash when viewing Live feed from KC310 on Google Pixel 4 XL and 3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-01 01:15:24 - last edited 2020-10-02 21:29:34

Hello,

Kasa wireless cameras:  KC310, hardware version 1.0, firmware version 1.0.11

This connects through the provided wireless hub, which connects to my router

My system was working fine wiht this setup until a few days ago.

My phones haven't changed, and haven't had a system update.

I have this problem on a Google Pixel 3 running Android 10, and a Google Pixel 4 XL running Android 11.

I have an issue where I cannot watch the wireless cameras live, as soon as I press the view live button the app instantly crashes.

This also happens when attempting to set up activity zones, as that uses the live screen also.

I can watch a wired KC120 camera live without any issues.  It uses the same Kasa Smart app but doesn't connect through the hub like the KC310 system.

I have power cycled the cameras, the hub, my router, my phone.

I have re-installed the Kasa Smart app.

I took my cameras down and reset them as well as the hub to factory defaults and set them up again.

I think Kasa Smart has been updated, and maybe this bug materialized from that.

My phone was set to allow it to auto-update

I have an old Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 7, and the live view still works on it.

I would like to try to install an older version of Kasa Smart, and see if that may correct it.

I can't find that option on the website.  I found some .apk files for older versions on third party websites, but can't be certain that is safe.

Does anyone have the Kasa Spot Home Security Camera System (KC310) and use it with Google Pixel 3 or 4 smartphones?

If so I want you to try watching live on the wireless cameras through that phone and see if you have any issues.

I have a troubleshooting ticket submitted, that has been twice elevated, but won't have a response until later this month.

I would like to try other options in the meantime.

Thank you,

Nathead

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Crash when viewing Live feed from KC310 on Google Pixel 4 XL and 3-Solution
2020-10-01 15:50:11 - last edited 2020-10-02 21:29:34

@Nathead 

There was a recent release of the Kasa app 2.26, please update to that and try to view the video again.

If that still does not work, try disabling hardware acceleration. Find that by selecting the camera on the device menu, select device settings (gear icon), then scroll down to advanced settings.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Crash when viewing Live feed from KC310 on Google Pixel 4 XL and 3-Solution
2020-10-01 15:50:11 - last edited 2020-10-02 21:29:34

@Nathead 

There was a recent release of the Kasa app 2.26, please update to that and try to view the video again.

If that still does not work, try disabling hardware acceleration. Find that by selecting the camera on the device menu, select device settings (gear icon), then scroll down to advanced settings.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Crash when viewing Live feed from KC310 on Google Pixel 4 XL and 3
2020-10-01 18:35:53

@Tony 

Thank you, that update must have resolved the issue.

It is working again!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 917

Replies: 2