Port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port forwarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Port forwarding
2021-07-06 18:46:25

@Teddy7523 

Posting this to help others.  I have an Acher 8 that would not connect either.  Verified that the garage door was working OK after connecting to my mobile hotspot.  I did everything suggested above, but what made the difference was to switch the security to WPA-PSK (not WPA2).  After this, connected immediately.  I tried going back to WPA2 and immediately would not communicate with the router again.  Hope this helps others.  My guess is that Chamberlain is a bit behind on their software - they were quick to dismiss me as a router issue and left it in my hands.

Options
2021-09-12 21:40:45

@MB_Michigan 

thanks a lot , I have the exact same problem, working exhausted with chamberlain with no result, you solved my issue

thanks again

Options
2022-01-18 01:59:00
Did you make all the other changes mentioned and, if so, did you change them permanently? I’m trying to determine if I need to do all the port forwarding and MAC address stuff. It shows I’m connected to the server but device not added to MyQ account?
Options
2022-02-04 00:17:18

Has anyone found any other solutions to this? I have an A8 and can't change the security to WPA-PSK without breaking a lot of other IoT stuff in my house.

Options
2022-05-21 01:41:00

@zwortnik I have the same issue. MyQ is a fairly common device, would think tp-link could come up with an answer.  I'm going to work on this later and will post if I can find a resolution. 

Options
Related Articles