Votes

Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products

Votes

Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products

101 Reply
Re:Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products
2021-06-29 18:57:19

@JP_NL I bought the RE505X extender thinking that LAN meshing was possible, I'm going to return it since I literally have no use for it without that functionallity, I have both an Archer C7 and an Archer AX6000, I first bought the AX6000 but found that one part of my house had some issues with the signal. I prevously had Asus routers that allowed meshing with each other, so I bought an Archer C7 because it said that it was one mesh compatible, I tought that tp-link was on par but I was mistaken. Then I bought the RE505X thinking that it might solve my problem but then again I was mistaken, I sincerely don't understand how their product for range extension doesn't have this functionallity. I'm just going to recommend Asus from now on for people that want flexible meshing, It sucks since my AX6000 had been working great.

TLDR: Buy Asus if you want LAN meshing with your big router.

Options
2021-07-03 14:37:02

Hi,

You didn't add the feature in the new firmware this month. Very disappointed...

Options
2021-07-04 22:52:19

I too am waiting for this feature. Using an ax73 and a re605x. Wireless mesh just eats up bw and doesn't give full speed. Pointless of having the mesh feature.

Options
2021-07-20 15:08:09

@JP_NL we defiantly need this functionality 

Options
2021-08-24 12:50:40

I have Archer C7 and RE300. I thought that I would be able to extend my WiFi over my house, but that is not possible. We have an old house and without the backhaul, I need a OneMesh repeater behind every corner. I would need 3 for the entire house if the backhaul would be there. I spent many on the HW which was a bit expensive when I got it and it is simply not working as expected. If I would be at least able to combine the archer with some other tp-link backhaul device. But no, I have to though away everything. So little to make it very good and it is still missing.

Options
2021-09-02 12:27:18
please ask the "devs" for an update on this. if you have it in the Deco series then it shouldn't be a problem to add to the other onemesh products.
Options
2021-10-15 10:49:55

I would really like to see this feature in the not so distant future as well. 

I still can't wrap my head around why this hasn't been implemented from the start. 

Options
2021-10-15 12:19:35

Totally agree @Virus2500. It's a shame.

Options
2021-10-15 19:11:16

Additional Info. It hit me pretty bad today because i requested an replacement echo show 8 gen 2 because i thought it was faulty. It was constantly loosing connection. Now the replacement showed the same behavior and i think it has something to do with the latest Firmware update... because i am pretty sure this didn't happen before the last update.

The echo is connected to the RE550 Extender which was in One Mesh Mode. Now the RE550 never had any connectivity issues, or at least they weren't apparent to me.

I also blamed the connection issues my wife had to an "crappy" laptop she got from her company. 

Anyhow i now dumbed down my setup to the "access point" mode with ethernet backhaul and ... what can i say. Everything is rock solid at the moment. Well that's to be expected if you have an physical connection between the Router and the Extender, right?

So again, please TP-Link, please put this on your ToDo list. If the Deco Line supports this there is nothing new to figure out. You know how it works you "just" have to adapt it for the rest of your Lineup. And i know development takes its time but at least commit to it. 

Options
2021-10-17 17:00:45

I requested this feature about a year ago and unfortunately it still is not added. Quite a few people gave kudos to this thread if you compare it to others, or even responded. So there is no doubt it is a much desired feature.

Nevertheless @TP-Link has not bothered to give us an update in the past year, which I think is disrespectful to us, the customers. At least they could tell us why they will not implement the feature. But they do not seem to care, if you want this feature just put your current hardware in the trash and buy Deco.

Well I have learned my lesson, chances are very slim I will be buying another piece of TP-Link hardware in the future.

Options

Voters 55

+ 51 Voters