Votes

Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products

Votes

Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products

101 Reply
Re:Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products
2022-12-01 18:38:49

@YH1 yeah you just have to put them a little closer together but if they have more than two channels they can do better with speed between the nodes. That was the main thing. It's still nice to have the wired for sure. I have the new nest one and it works well. I can disconnect the main one completely and then the remote one connects to the wired connection for its internet. So that's a nice feature too. In addition to it having the best connection and not having to use Wi-Fi to go back through the main node to get internet.

Options
2022-12-01 18:53:57

3270414@KenJG 

Same here, every room is wired. 40 cm concrete wall...  so i couldn't agree more! :) 

Options
2022-12-01 19:00:42

@Tanquen 

I understand what you're saying.
3 channels and a closer range, totally agree.
I have the RE605x as a range extender, so you need to put it in a close range to the ax11000 router
and at the same time inside the room that has a 40 cm concrete wall to get reasonable wifi when the door is closed.
Now... It's either implementing a backhaul ethernet or changing the house :)
Btw, tp-link team, if it's about manpower and priorities I volunteer to do it for free...

Options
2022-12-20 08:36:17

@JP_NL 

Same disappointment here... 

They are apparently 'working on it', though not for OneMesh but EasyMesh...

Source : https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/578810

Options
2022-12-24 00:23:43

is there an alternative solution ? I mean other company that is already providing this feature? I am strongly considering changing my buying preferences after many years. tplink are making very nice products, but my setup is really not keeping the pace with the demand.

please fix it asap!

Options
2022-12-24 01:16:54

@eXcomunicado I went with the new nest Wi-Fi mesh rotors that just came out. They seem to work really well and you can use the ethernet port as a backhaul connection. I tested mine out and when I disabled the primary router the second one just kept going. No problem with it's ethernet connection.

Options
2023-02-07 08:43:07

@Tony any thing on the wired backhaul for any oneMesh products?

Options
2023-02-08 17:25:55

@Coolant,

I can't provide any specific details about the feature, however, I will say that our development team is actively working on bringing the feature to OneMesh Devices. I would recommend that you turn your attention towards both OneMesh and EasyMesh, as they are now following the same pace of development and support.

I promise that the feature hasn't been forgotten, I think they are simply finding more efficient ways to implement this for multiple models.

Options
2023-02-11 20:09:24

@Riley_S Took a while but we needed to hear this.

Thank you, can't wait for this to get implemented

Options
2023-02-12 06:39:20

@Riley_S 

Great news, thanks. What sort of timeframe are you expecting for this to be implemented (weeks/months/years)? Also would my existing products be upgraded by firmware download or would I need new hardware ?

Options

Voters 55

+ 51 Voters