Deco M9 Plus slow Ethernet & Wifi connection with fast internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus slow Ethernet & Wifi connection with fast internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus slow Ethernet & Wifi connection with fast internet
2020-11-21 15:29:21

@Carl I've had the same issue. Same specs and firmware version. Except I should be getting 150mbps and on wifi devices I get 50-60.   From these threads I started turning off 2.4 ghz and I'll get higher speeds.  My concern is that this wasn't an issue prior to the firmware update.  Any thoughts?

Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus slow Ethernet & Wifi connection with fast internet
2020-11-30 22:36:31

@Nathanpgonzalez 

Are you able to check link rates? or band connection status such as what channel a device is using?  The 2.4GHz is at maximum going to provide 100 Mbps.  But often due to distance and network factors speeds can be lower.  Since Deco decides which band a device connects to and turning off 2.4 increases speeds it does sound like 2.4GHz is being chosen and there may be congestion or interference reducing the speed to the 50-60 range.  We would need to gather more information to determine though. 

Options
Related Articles