Tp link c9 no 4 lights on left but the other 3 lights is blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tp link c9 no 4 lights on left but the other 3 lights is blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Tp link c9 no 4 lights on left but the other 3 lights is blinking
2020-11-16 19:06:20

@Brit_Go 

Hi Brit.  I really hate saying it but if the device is bricked and the frimware is unrecoverable then a repalcement would usually be the next step but since the router is 2 years out of its warranty we can't do that.  I am sorry but at this time there isn't anythign that can be done to recover that router.  The V1 did not have a firmware recovery so it is essentially a dead device now. 

Options
2021-06-25 10:56:50

I have the same model with the same issue.  Mine was definitely connected to a high dollar surge protector and there definitely was no firmware upgrade that triggered this event.  

Options
2021-06-25 16:10:47

@1bestcustomer 

There are a few things you would want to check.  1.  Is it a surge protector or a power strip, they are diffferent.  2.  Is the protection light still lit?  3.  Has it protected from a power outage or surge before?  The reason this is important is a surge protection circuit can only take so much and most manufactures recommend replacing a surge protector once its taken a surge.  4.  Where there any power outages or surges that actually happened when the issue arose?  If the answers to these all point to it not being an external cause and if the product is still in warranty a replacement may be possible. 

Options