Archer C60 Weak Security Message IOS14 after setting WPA2 and AES

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C60 Weak Security Message IOS14 after setting WPA2 and AES

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Archer C60 Weak Security Message IOS14 after setting WPA2 and AES
2021-02-05 16:24:46

@CharlieJeit The link I gave in one my previous replies is for the Archer C60 V2 model. Mine is a UK model but I don't know if the firmware they gave me was just for the UK model. I never gave them the serial number, so I'm not sure if it is just for UK models. I did obviously try the update facility via the router, but just like the website, it told me that I already had the latest version. I then contacted TP-Link via their online chat system and was very pleased when they came back to me with a solution the following morning.

Options
2021-02-05 16:29:30

@CharlieJeit 

I have Uk hardware and the firmware updated to 2.1.1 without any errors or problems.

It would be much more satifactory if anyone could fix their router just via the normal "firmware update" procedure.

Charlie

Options
2021-02-05 23:55:56

@Dooba 

I have nothing to do with TP-Link or its Support, so I can't answer that, but it is quite normal to have Support have a 'working' update. It might not be availalbe for release, or even fully tested. It might actually contain a fix for your problem, or Support thinks it could.

All you can do is contact them and see where that goes. If they have a Beta, they might be given to you.

Options
2021-02-06 00:08:49

@Dooba 

Our firmware is region-based so if it is available for one region it should be available for others.

I have not seen a case where users from the EU region don't have firmware for the US region.

However, there are instances where firmware is available for specific hardware versions, but not for others.

Options
2021-02-11 12:11:04

@Tony Could you please provide a firmware adjusted for BR region? The one in the previous posts does not work with my C60 v2, current firmware 2.0.0.

Thanks

Options
2021-02-12 16:20:28

@Brass 

When you download the file you do not need to extract it. Log into your router and upload it. 

If you still get an error, please reach out to your regional support team here: link

Options
2021-02-17 11:51:06
Hi @Tony, thank for the reply, but i did not try to unzip the file, it just does not install, tried to rename it to be shorter but does not work. That's why I asked you for a BR region firmware. I did contacted local BR support, but it felt like talking to a tree. My first email to them I explained the issue, made clear this was a common issue and made sure to include the link for this forum and the "beta" firmware link that fixed the issue, and suggestion someone should adjust it to our region to be able to install it. The reply was ridiculous, that iOS14 requires WPA3 to declare a connection secure and WPA2 and below are unsafe and so it is not a issue with C60. I replied them explaining once more the issue with C60 being fixed with TKIP despite selecting AES and once more asking them to check this thread. They replied that I should just select AES in the configuration (at this point I knew nothing would be done). Once more I replied saying that was the issue, selected AES but system operated at TKIP only. Then the representative emailed me a form (to prove I bought the unit) and to initiate the process to send them the unit if it is within warranty (it is). However it would take at least 3 weeks to get the unit back, and I can't be without Internet for that much time, specially with the pandemic, have to work from home half of the week. As this is a software issue and not a hardware one, I declined to send them the unit and made clear to them it would be a waste of time and resources. They asked for pictures of the bottom of the unit (now I thought they realized the issue). And their reply was to send them the unit... So I ended contact, this was going nowhere. I did some googling over the weekend and tried a 3rd party firmware on it and it is working great so far. Locked at WPA2/AES as it should.
Options
2021-02-17 22:15:12

Brass wrote

Hi @Tony, thank for the reply, but i did not try to unzip the file, it just does not install,

@Brass 

That is the problem. You can't INSTALL the ZIP file. It is compressed so it would d/l faster. You need to UNZIP it and then the resulting file can be installed. I generally will be .BIN file extension, but some could be different.

Options
2021-02-18 16:10:44
There is no zip. The link with the firmware provides a .bin file. I tried to rename it as someone mentioned sometimes it works. However it does not work, as another user posted in the 1st page. This beta firmware must be region locked.
Options
2021-02-18 23:51:52

@Dooba 

I don't work for TP-Link or the Support Organization, so I can't give you an authorative answer.

However, in my past dealings with TP-Link and other vendor's, once you contact Support they would try and determine the problem and once they know what it is, they will offer a Beta that they believe will fix it.

However, 'beta' s/w is usually not completely tested or even incomplete (other fixes missing scheduled to be included by release date). They may or may not solve the problem, and even if they do, the 'real' release may break it again. Been there, have the T-shirt...

In some instances, they might want to connect to your router and capture some data and TCP/IP packets. I've been there, done that, too. They are non-US and in China, and the time differences means you will probably have to get some sleep at a different time smiley Well worth it, I forgot what my problem was, but I was able to prove it to them.

Look, the worst they could tell you is that they don't have a fix. Go for it.

Options