Network Optimization in firmware 201022 of Deco M5 (V3)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network Optimization in firmware 201022 of Deco M5 (V3)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Network Optimization in firmware 201022 of Deco M5 (V3)
2021-04-05 17:14:42

@AnotherMJB I dont think it does anything because afterwards if you go in it again it still says unoptimized...

Options
Re:Network Optimization in firmware 201022 of Deco M5 (V3)
2021-04-24 08:36:30

holsen1 wrote

@AnotherMJB  I started getting serious drop out issues on my Sonos System wich is operating on its own Mesh network (Sonosnet) by connecting a Sonos Boost to the Deco Router, it establishes it's own network.  Anyway, thank you for all the sleuthing and feedback on this forum.  I disabled beamforming, reserved IP address for all my devices and then optimized the network (which was also showing congested).   All fine now with current firmware.   I've also got WiFi Calling on my Cell phone and was getting horrible reception.  I think this will fix it.....   Thanks to all of you.

@holsen1 

I have also had issues with network optimisation. I have 10 Sonos devices and when setting up the deco, which was otherwise simple to set up, I had to do a factory reset on them all to get them transferred to deco. When I tried network optimisation, deco reset 8 of the Sonos devices to the ISP router wifi which I had disabled. I had to rebuild the whole thing. I was not best pleased. I have been in touch with TP link support about it. They came back looking for more details and I am awaiting their reply on that. I don't intend to use optimisation again, and I think I need to assign fixed IP addresses. 

Options