Issues with battle.net, overwatch, hearthstone?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-18 19:30:43
Model: Archer CR700  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, 

I don't know if anyone here might have first hand experience with my issue, so here's hoping someone can help. I recently purchased an Archer CR700 cable modem/router and got it all connected last week. Ever since hooking it up it seems I am unable to connect to battle.net servers for Overwatch or Hearthstone. When attempting to run Overwatch (PC via ethernet) the main screen reads Server Connection Failed and it keeps trying. With Hearthstone the program doesn't move past the initial start-up screen. Additionally trying Hearthstone on mobile via wifi returns the same unresponsive result. If I switch my mobile device's wifi off then the program runs fine using mobile data. So the common denominator seems to be the new modem/router..

Oddly enough, other games connect fine through battle.net such as Heroes of the Storm and World of Warcraft. I'm not super tech savvy, so I don't know what the issue would be and how to fix it. And I don't know why some progams can connect to their servers, but others on the same client can not. Any advice?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with battle.net, overwatch, hearthstone?
2021-01-01 00:53:23

@Trogdor2

It sounds like a port issue.  Something on the path the data is taking may getting blocked.  I would try to put the device in a DMZ to confirm and if it does work then you can look into doing port forwarding.  The DMZ opens all ports so its not recommend to keep the device in the DMZ it only to test before taking the time to configure the ports.  If you do need to open the ports you can lookup online which ports are needed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 1