Failed to Upgrade Firmware, Will Never Update.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-13 20:04:36
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.6 Build 200628 Rel.56565n(5553)

I couldn't find the model on the drop down menu, so I'll link it here. 

Tp-Link AC1900 Archer 8

Current Firmware: 1.4.6

Latest Firmware:   1.4.7

I've tried to update through the automatic and manual, but nothing works, just says Failed to Upgrade everytime. Any idea's, I just spent $80 on this? Thank You. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Failed to Upgrade Firmware, Will Never Update.
2021-01-14 17:36:46

@Nutroll 

Look below the router and make sure the firmware being used is for the correct region. If the router shows (US) below, then the firmware should have the name (US) as well. Another thing to make sure of is to extract the .zip file you download so you get a folder. You would then log into the router and upload the .bin file.

If that does not work, factory reset the router by holding the reset for 15 seconds, let the router reboot, and try to upload the firmware again.

While logged into the router it should say TP-Link in the top part of the screen, as I'm not sure if a third party firmware may have been uploaded.

Options
2021-01-15 19:31:02

@Tony I tried your solutions, nothing worked, even tried the Tether App, nothing. I don't know how to fix this. 

Options
2021-01-18 21:15:47 - last edited 2021-01-18 21:16:12

@Nutroll 

I would recommend reaching out to our support team to see if something may be getting overlooked or if there is an internal issue with the router.

Options
2022-03-02 19:48:10

@Nutroll 

Me too,

I have 3 AX6000..and 4 of the c4000 none will do the updates...I have tried with every form of correction... but don't do the one where it says to change your server settings....my isp populates all that data when I first added wireless systems at church.... caused quite an issue...so don't do that...if you have any suggestions please let me know

Options
2022-03-04 06:40:26

Bellbuckle wrote

@Nutroll 

Me too,

I have 3 AX6000..and 4 of the c4000 none will do the updates...I have tried with every form of correction... but don't do the one where it says to change your server settings....my isp populates all that data when I first added wireless systems at church.... caused quite an issue...so don't do that...if you have any suggestions please let me know

Hello @Bellbuckle, do you mean you are unable to detect the new official firmware on the router web GUI or on its Tether app? If that's the case, we would suggest checking if the DNS server from your ISP network cannot reach our TP-Link cloud server, and please try to change the DNS server on the router to some third parties, such as Google's 8.8.8.8 or Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1, then confirm.

If this still doesn't help, please go to the router website to download the latest firmware and unzip it, then you can try to upload it into your router. Below is the firmware download page for AX6000:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax6000/v1/#Firmware

This is the guide for upgrading the router firmware:

How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6027

Replies: 5