Archer AX10 downgrade?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX10 downgrade?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer AX10 downgrade?
Archer AX10 downgrade?
2021-01-20 18:28:07
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 20201203 36965

My WiFi is terrible!

It works some of the time and I get high speeds but almost every single night it slows down drastically... Like it takes forever just to open a webpage... Sometimes I turn off WiFi and just use my data, that's how bad it gets! Sometimes it helps to reboot it but often it don't.

I have tried doing a factory reset with no luck, I have tried to reload the newest firmware manually, still no luck. I'm not using smart WiFi, I got it split in 2.4g and 5g. I've tried playing with the different channels and width but again no luck!

The only the firmware that worked proper for me was the original, but if I try to downgrade, it just says that it's the wrong file type... Is it possible to do a downgrade??

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 downgrade?
2021-01-21 23:16:20

@Detra 

It does not appear you can downgrade the firmware.

Have you tried to wire a computer directly to the router when the issue happens?

Go into the Advanced settings and turn off ODFMA, also for the 5G change the mode to a/n/ac (no AX), and stay connected to the 5G.

Options
Re:Archer AX10 downgrade?
2021-01-22 04:34:55

@Tony Am Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that my Mac is connected via cable and I am getting perfect connection... So it's only the WiFi connection that's unstable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 768

Replies: 2

Related Articles