TP-Link AV1000 - Knocking Out Internet....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-02 22:49:31
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Okay... so after going around in circles on the live chat for 45 minutes waiting 5-10 minutes for each response... I will park it here and hope someone can offer some wisdom. :)

I have had the Av1000 Starter adapters, for about a month. Been working great.  Everything is wired here.

Sunday, the internet connection was lost. I thought it would pass and things would work themselves out, I thought it was an issue with Spectrum my internet provider... As all the lights on the adapters were on, the router was fine, I even rebooted the router, the powerline adapters, however, the Spectrum Modem that is the source of the internet was blinking on and off over the online light... So I contacted Spectrum and tried resetting it, over and over with them... to no avail. They couldn't receive a signal. So I had to wait the next day for a tech to come over and see what's going on. Tech comes over and doesn't really understand why, he checks the wiring, the wiring of the house, the signal, outside, the box,  so he just thought it was the modem is faulty since everything else was in order, so he trades out the modem and puts a newer modem.  Presto, internet back online! 

So 15 hours later, the internet is gone.  The modem is flashing again, there is no internet connection. But all the adapters lights are on as should be.  So I try resetting the modem, rebooting. Nothing. Since this is a new modem, the tech just replaced it,  I knew it wasn't the modem. So something told me to unplug the av1000 adapter next to the router to see. and PRESTO, the internet was back up and running on the modem. Something reset. So I plugged the adapter back in, and they started working as well. Everything was fine.

What happened? The powerline adapters were causing the internet not to work? Now it's working fine, but if after a certain duration of time this happens, and again I have to unplug the main powerline adapter connected to the router in order to restore the internet... What is causing this?

I have two other powerline adapters set up in the other room, should I not have them plugged in when not in use? 

Is it using too much power? I'm new to the whole powerline adapter thing.

I also realized that I purchased two starter kits, as I needed 4 adapters altogether, and have the other kits in the other two rooms all connected via the main powerline next to the router. Is that causing the internet issue? Should I have purchased the add on unit instead? Would that have made a difference?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link AV1000 - Knocking Out Internet....
2021-02-03 16:10:16

@Dlio123 

I've seen powerline adapter cause noise on the electrical line where audio systems wired through the house would get noise, but not taking down a modem.

If you happen to have another outlet I would use that or plug the powerline adapter if possible into another outlet and swap the Ethernet cable.

What you can also try is to swap the powerline adapter with one of the other three you have.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 878

Replies: 1