determine if clients are actually using AX capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-21 21:45:47 - last edited 2021-04-23 01:20:47
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

How can I tell if my devices are connecting on WiFi 6/ 802.11 AX? My network is a mix of AX and non AX clients so it is set to mixed mode. I have tried looking in menus and I don't see anything. The main AX client I have is a 2020 iPad Air and when I called Apple they told me to talk with TPLink and when I did a chat they did not give me any further info. I tried some third party apps but those don't indicate what the clients are using, only the router and when I can find the IP Scanners, none show the mode the client is using. 

I have both Mac and Windows machines so I can use apps on either. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:determine if clients are actually using AX capability -Solution
2021-04-23 01:20:36 - last edited 2021-04-23 01:20:47

@IrvSp I didn't think of that. I changes one to AX only and only my iPad worked so that seemed to do it. 

thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:determine if clients are actually using AX capability
2021-04-22 14:45:39

@cuestakid 

On your MAC, press and hold option key while clicking the wireless icon. It will list the wireless in your area and your MACs stats. Look for PHY Mode.

Options
2021-04-22 18:46:20

@cuestakid 

I have seen that but I don't see a similar ability on a device like an iPad. My Windows laptop shows the WiFi card which says "AC" in the name so I know that is not AX but is there not a way to see all the devices on my network and what they are using? 

Options
2021-04-22 18:57:03

@cuestakid 

I can't see a way to determine on an iPad its connection speed.

However, what I'd suggest is to set the Router SSID to AX only. Go to the Advanced, Wireless, 5G, and pulldown the MODE setting and select AX Only. Only AX devices could connect to it then. If the iPad does, it is AX capable.

Options
Re:determine if clients are actually using AX capability -Solution
2021-04-23 01:20:36 - last edited 2021-04-23 01:20:47

@IrvSp I didn't think of that. I changes one to AX only and only my iPad worked so that seemed to do it. 

thanks

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 800

Replies: 4