Explain high speed mode, please?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-24 01:08:04
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.04

2.4GHz band has greater range than 5GHz.
5GHz band has greater throughput than 2.4GHz.

There are two ways to configure the High Speed mode:

Router -> 5GHz -> extender -> 2.4GHz -> device, or
Router -> 2.4GHz -> extender -> 5GHz -> device.

Does the first scenario have greater range?

Does the second scenario have greater throughput?

Is the range and throughput a wash in either case? If so, why would you choose one over the other?

Unless it all comes down to the receiving device(s)...

Options
2 Reply
Re:Explain high speed mode, please?
2021-04-29 17:58:09

@sweller 

If I was looking at the two the first option would be the greater input since you are making the connection between the extender and router the fastest similar to using an Ethernet cable for our Deco units.

The second option I would use if my issue is distance and where I want the extender to does not see the 5G or if my client devices do not support 5G.

Options
Re:Explain high speed mode, please?
2021-06-02 07:32:28

The High-Speed feature switches off one of the wireless bands to leave one high-performance, super-fast network, ideal for HD streaming and gaming applications. If most of your devices are connected to one wireless band, this feature can increase the overall performance of your wireless network get someone to call you spell

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3774

Replies: 2

Related Articles