Cannot connect amazon echo dot or echo after long time of working correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-25 22:29:20 - last edited 2021-07-28 00:53:20
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a deco m9 mesh network with 3 nodes... its been up a running for a couple of years... I had many amazon devices connected to it with little problem for all of that time. Recently. I've had 2 echo dot (3rd generation) and an echo (3rd generation) stop connecting. Now no matter what I do they will not connect back to the m9 mesh network.

I tried a guest network new name, changed settings etc. Nothing at all will work.

I do have two very old gen 2 echo, an echo show 5, an echo show 8, and 2 echo inputs still working totally fine. What gives? It's so so frustrating...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot connect amazon echo dot or echo after long time of working correctly-Solution
2021-07-27 21:21:40 - last edited 2021-07-28 00:53:20

@TP-Link 

for future reference if anyone has this problem or similar....

absolutely nothing worked, and I tried everything imaginable, including all the suggestions in the post above and more. I took the echo's to work and they connected easily to my work wifi network and internet. so I knew it was a problem on my home network. 

The solution ended up being to change the DNS address on the router from being automatically assigned by my ISP (spectrum) to using googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I dont have a clue why the ISP dns servers weren't allowing these spcific devices to connect to the internet, but I'm happy to have them back working again...

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot connect amazon echo dot or echo after long time of working correctly
2021-07-27 07:13:19

@JrobertP 

Hi, Would there be any error message when Echo failed to connect Deco M9?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. turn off the 5Ghz on the guest network.

2.turn off the fast roaming/beamforming on the APP.

3.forget the previous guest Wi-Fi profile on the smartphone and connect to the guest Wi-Fi again

Then please check whether the Echo dot could be connected to the Wi-Fi this time.

Options
Re:Cannot connect amazon echo dot or echo after long time of working correctly-Solution
2021-07-27 21:21:40 - last edited 2021-07-28 00:53:20

@TP-Link 

for future reference if anyone has this problem or similar....

absolutely nothing worked, and I tried everything imaginable, including all the suggestions in the post above and more. I took the echo's to work and they connected easily to my work wifi network and internet. so I knew it was a problem on my home network. 

The solution ended up being to change the DNS address on the router from being automatically assigned by my ISP (spectrum) to using googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

I dont have a clue why the ISP dns servers weren't allowing these spcific devices to connect to the internet, but I'm happy to have them back working again...

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1662

Replies: 2