Trouble setting up four Deco M5s with Verizon G1300 router as Access Points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-31 23:19:50
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hello,

I am having an issue setting up a Deco M5 mesh network of access points with my Verizon Fios G1300 router (I would like to use an Access Point to support Verizon WiFi network features like wireless cable boxes, and not have a second Deco network interfering with that). I am able to get everything setup via the Deco app but the Verizon network becomes awful - it is incredibly slow and all devices keep disconnecting. It works much better when I remove the decos.

Do I need to adjust any settings on the Verizon router end (e.g. at myfiosgateway.com)? Do I need to adjust anything else in the Deco app (e.g. changing the Deco SSID, turning off the deco WiFi network)? I have two decos directly plugged into the LAN ports of my verizon router.

Thanks,

Evan

Options
5 Reply
Re:Trouble setting up four Deco M5s with Verizon G1300 router as Access Points
2021-08-02 09:34:06

@Kaminsk13 

Hi, Normally, it does not need additional settings on the main router to allow Deco to work as an access point.

Have you ever seen Deco M5 turn red when the internet connection dropped?

If currently, you are using the same SSID on both Fios and Deco, it is suggested to change a different SSID for M5 in case the disconnection is caused by the roaming.

If possible, please help me run a simple test:

1. temporary switch Deco back to wireless router mode to check whether the same issue continued.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-02 19:49:54

@TP-Link 

The deco does not turn red when the connection temporarily cuts out.

I am using a different SSID for the deco network; should I connect to that network or the original Verizon network?

When I switch the decos to Wireless Router mode, the issues are immediately resolved and I see no connection issues, although I would prefer to have the decos in Access Point mode.

Options
2021-08-03 01:29:15

@Kaminsk13 

Hi,

It is suggested to connect some of the devices to the Deco’s network, others to Verizon in case the disconnection is caused by that devices kept switching from different Wi-Fi.

At the same time, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers, and please have a check of your email box.

As for your network topology, did all 4*Deco M5 connect to the LAN ports of Verizon, or only the main Deco wired to the Verizon router, the others wirelessly connected?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-03 20:46:22

@TP-Link 

I should have some devices connected to Deco and some connected to Verizon? That seems kind of strange if the Decos are acting as Access Points.

I have 2 M5s connected to the LAN ports of the Verizon router (one is the main Deco). The other 2 M5s are connected wirelessly to the Deco network.

Options
2021-08-04 01:12:21

@Kaminsk13 

Thank you very much and Did you get the email from TP-Link?

If yes, the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers, and please check the email for further assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1035

Replies: 5